Throw out that Mach III | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Throw out that Mach III

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Sep 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    my god your so funny

2. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005

I believe its also so that it is a more progressive cut, since trying to cut too close with the first blade would most likely pinch the hair and pull it out, rather then cutting straight through

Not to mention that using three blades theoretically (although never really true in practice) means that you are making 3 passes at one time... rather then having to go back over the same spot again... it is most likely more like 2 passes rather then the claimed 3.

But thats just how I thought they worked.

3. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    All I need is a microtouch turbo....and some nivea balm.

4. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    All i need is some damn facial hair.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

When I got my first razor on my 15th or 16th birthday, I happily shaved with it for ~3 weeks before I figured out that it had a metal blank in it rather than a blade.

6. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
  7. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    It can get annoying when you need to shave constantly. I'm an every two days kinda guy, 3 when I'm lazy. I started shaving in 8th grade. My roommate is a monkey, you can practically watch the hair grow.

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Couldn't agree more! I too am a every 2 day shaver, 3 when I'm lazy like you, lol. If I do it everyday my skin becomes very irritated...damn I hate sensitive skin.

Now what they need to develop is a shaving cream that slows down the shaving process and thus eventually leaving no hair at all. The only facial hair I want to keep is below my lip so i can grow a goat when I choose to.

9. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    You've got to see the commercial to understand. I know what you're saying, that's how the razor actually works. But in the commercial the hairs standing up already, and, well, you just have to see the commercial to understand.

Not very...

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I used to use Mach 3's. I switched to a Norelco 8890. Peace at last. No irritation, no softeners, no cream, less hassle, and refills through E-Bay or wholesalers cost as much as the rest of my stuff did. Less to worry about when travelling, just pop it into the case and off you go.

Edit: I wanted to use just hot water but the blade would last less than a week before it was hacking and causing ingrown hairs. You lucky SOB!

Sunny

11. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I bought the Fusion a few weeks ago. It feels special the first few times you use it, and then you don't think about it anymore. I find myself making as many strokes with this razor as I did with a twin..........just habit I guess. I will say that I have cut myself more when I use the single blade on the back.

Has anyone tried it? Impressions?

12. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    I got one about a month ago and really like it compared to the Mach III. I actually cut myself way less. I only use the single blade for that tricky spot under my nose and haven't had any problems gettig cut. It doesn't get me laid anymore or less, but I'd rather shave with it anyway.

J

13. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface

You're one of the lucky ones, if I want to look good, I have to shave twice a day...once in the morning, and then again before going out at night. Its truly a curse.

Mark

PS I just got a Fusion a couple weeks ago and love it. I feel I get a closer and smoother shave than with the Mach III.

14. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I got one for free and Ive been using it. I like the cut much better than the Mach 3.

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I have had one for a few months. Very close shave.

I'm still waiting for Noah's comments. Keeping that brow in check must be a b!tch! :D

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I know the guy who came up with the name "Fusion" for this razor... Just thought I'd throw that out there... :)

17. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    Bah, those disposeable razors are all weak. Learn to shave with a straight razor and life is grand.

18. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  19. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Mach III is all I need. Also the price of the Fusion blades mirrors a major on a 8 cyl. F-car. Yeesh! :)

20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

Cheaper to buy the entire razor and blade kit, then it is to just buy the blades. I've gone through about 10 mach III's for this very reason.