Thursday Night Football now on Fox . . . | FerrariChat

Thursday Night Football now on Fox . . .

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tifoso2728, Jan 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I ain't watching unless is an NFC East tilt or the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles are on. Do we really need TNF?

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I like it as a little sports break during MLB off-season, but it always seems to be a clunker of a game. Fox coverage suggests another exposure to Joe Buck per week. No thanks...T

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    They need to dump TNF and international games. They've diluted their brand and I no longer look forward to their games...it's constantly on TV basically and when it's not, ESPN won't shut up about it.

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Exactly. Super Bowl is not even over, and they're already trying to build up the hype about draft in spring for the last month or so. Give it a rest, come back fresh in the summer. Never happen though. With NFL Network they need 24/7/365 content...T

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Nobody likes TNF except the owners. It makes $500 million for the NFL aka owners.

Coaches and players hate it. Not enough time to prepare. They blame injuries on the short time to prepare. I would like to see the stats.

Viewers hate it because the matchups are usually meh. Every team has to do it. So CLE vs ??? YOU NAME IT may not be too compelling to watch.

The home team has a huge advantage. Much more time to prepare. No travel time for the home team. A bye the week before for the away ream has just the opposite effect.

Are the players willing to take $500 million out of their pay? We will see at the next contract negotiations.

This is what greed looks like. Screw the employees. Screw the customers (viewers).

Don’t get me wrong owners are taking the risks. They deserve to be rewarded. Just be careful not to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. BTW the Pro Bowl had more viewers than ANY NBA game this season...even with NFL ratings down.

I am guessing that Fox finds the TNF is more lucrative to compete against Gray’s Anatomy, Scandal et al. With a DVR you can watch both if you so choose. :)

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Don't worry, neither Buck nor Aikman will do the games.

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not necessarily. If they are on the road the Sunday leading up to their Thursday home game, then they are toast just like the team they would be playing.

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're just figuring this out now? Look no further than the controversy surrounding several suspect officiating incidents (ratings/$$ trump integrity) and the fake player safety initiative.

The NFL has always been, and always will be, about the almighty dollar.

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hallelujah and praise the football gods for that small mercy!
    T

11. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Looks like Gronk has been cleared to play SB Sunday.

12. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I am genuinely happy to hear this and hope he is 100% Sunday.

13. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Let’s hope Gronk doesn’t try to hurt another defenseless player lying on the ground for which he got suspended. If they don’t throw him out of the game l guess his suspension would have to be served next season.

Since the coordinators at NE are leaving and Garappolo left, rumors are rife that Bellychick will leave...maybe next season.

14. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    With FOX recently having sold so many of their assets to Disney - including their production division - they might also be looking to load their schedule with more sports in general, considering they'll have one less source of scripted material to cull from.

15. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You are going to be insufferable for the next year aren't you? :rolleyes:

16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I won't watch NBA, I don't watch the NHL, and MLB puts me to sleep, as does ANY auto racing anymore,
    so yes, I am addicted to football.

Then don't watch ESPN. I don't.

A- oh I dunno, I like it, do I count?
    B- I don't care about the lineups, I like watching the players, seeing how they improve, plus, I need to see them for my fantasy teams.
    C- Not sure EVERY team has to do it, but so what if they do? I like football and I do not have a favorite team.
    D- home team has an advantage at every game, if they are good, but SOMEBODY has to be the home team, and the teams coming out of a Monday
    game get 10 days off.
    E- are you crazy?
    F- I am a customer and I don't feel like I am getting screwed.