Tiger Woods | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RacerX_GTO, Feb 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    +1, your not such a bad golfer yourself Mr.Webb :D

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I respect Tiger for his ablity, the history he is making, the legacy he will leave...etc...I'm just not a huge Tiger fanatic. I'm a respectful bystander if you will.

3. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Are you a Phil fan then?

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Funny story about Jerry Kelly.

I good freind of mine owns several retail golf stores in MN & WI. One of his managers (now a part owner) of one particualr store grew up w/ Jerry, Steve Sticker and Mark King (now VP or CEO/big wig ? of Taylor Made Golf Inc) and played regularly on the junior circuit in WI w/ all three. According to this guy (the manager) he used to wax both JK & SS on a regular basis.

Back to the point...

Jerry Kelly in the off season (this was 6-8 years ago) would come into this particular retail store, BS... hit balls in the cage, etc.

Well one day, JK was fooling around and took a "divot" out of the carpet right in front of their check-out counter...... Up until they remodeled the store there was this huge hole in carpet right in front of the counter and people would ask "what's the deal?" ...... The manger would proudly explain that that hole in the carpet was a divot created by the one and only Jerry Kelly.

Overall, my post was getting long and I couldn't fit JK in....=)

BTW, Andy North is from WI and is a U.S. Open champ...there is only some much bandwidth I feel comfortable taking up.

=)

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    NO!

I like Tiger far more than I like Phil.

Phil IMO is a polished, styled, primped, media darling who..... granted is a very talented player and will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Yet if Tiger were not alive, Phil would be the greatest living player, (not counting Tom Watson).....yet something does not sit right w/ me about Phil. He's too smooth, too unassuming (to a fault), too something...sorry.

I'm a fan of guys like Chris DeMarco, Steve Sticker, Woody Austin, Lee Janzen, Kite, Tervino, Rodreguiez (old school =). I'll root for those guys. They are working class....just like me.

Somewhere about 1998-ish, I was playing in the WI State Open as an amatuer. Steve Stricker had fallen off the PGA tour map and was scraping by palying state level events and anything he could to make ends meet/$, to keep the dream alive.

That event was played at Stevens Point CC (WI).

I personally failed to show for the final round of a tourny I was leading in Northern MN (7 hrs) away, because I had an early tee-time monday moring for the State Open.

As an ironic twist, I "4" putted the first green of the State Open, missed the 36 hole cut by 1 shot and in the process PO'd the tourny commitee of the tournament I blew off..... Yet I stayed for the final day, saw Steve Stricker first hand gut it out/grind it out for a lousy $4500 paycheck simply to get back on the road to where he is today.... top 10 in the world. I'll root for a guy like that every day of the week.

I respect Tiger for his gift, his talent, his ability to stay away from scandal, etc. He simply is the greatest golfer to ever walk the planet from now until the end of time...no one will touch him.

I simply relate to other players (currently and historically) in golf.

Tiger is the best you will ever see....enjoy.

6. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca
    #31 JLP, Feb 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Stad's is just "juicy" =)

Honestly though..... a great player

8. Rosserboy

Rosserboy Karting

Apr 30, 2007
    Newport,South Wales
    Full Name:
    James Rosser
    Tigers work ethic is second to none, I doubt he would ever "juice" because of the standards set to him by his dad.

9. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca

Daly is another "juicy" juicer.

10. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    John Daly is the man, now if he only parted ways with Jimmy, Jack, Johnny, and Mickey D, he'd be a much better golf

11. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Did any of you guys see his putt on #18 of Bay Hill today for the win??? There isn't a steroid in the world that can make a person be that good.

The man is a living legend at his sport. Period. A thrill to watch. :)

12. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007

He takes what the pro golfers call "cash money combo" (Xanax, Ambien, Adderall) when he walks off #14. By the time he get's to #18, his hands are rock steady, totally focused, and no nervousness at all. If you don't take the "cash money combo"? Well, just ask John Van de Velde what happens. Or Lumpy at the 2006 US Open.

We need more Congressional hearings.

13. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    :D

14. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Nice...

+1 -- that was a great story (and a nice spot!)

Ha, funny. At least I hope that's a joke. The only juice Tiger needs is the ridiculous drive to win he has in his head and in his gut. The guy's a machine. There is simply no way he takes anything else. He's just the best there is. Period. And when he winds up his career 30 years or so from now, he will be the best there ever was, and the best there is likely to be for quite some time.

15. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Lumpy????

Lumpy is the nick-name of Tim Herron... I don't recall him having anything to do w/ the 2006 U.S. Open????

Jean had nothing but bad advice from his caddie and poor persoanl fortitude...

WTF, is cash $ combo?

And how long have you considered yourself to be "on it"...if it exists?

As a person who has competed in 30+ state level events, a dozen+ professional events/etc..... IMO, the only thing that will make you better at golf is a drug that makes you "not" concerned about the outcome...booze/Mary jane/?......

I don't know shtt about drugs/stimulants/mood altering substances, but all I can tell you is that on that level, what you want is asomething that dulls the moment, not intesifies it....