time has come to say goodbye- to Manzoni | Page 7 | FerrariChat

time has come to say goodbye- to Manzoni

Discussion in '296' started by maha, Jun 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Which would be an absolute shame because the car is brilliant for what it is meant to be. It is the best daily driver I have ever owned, beautiful, comfortable, and very sporty when I want it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickyd329 and SECRET like this.
  2. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    Curious, if the Roma is such a “huge fail” in sales numbers, why do you have to wait a year, to a year in a half, to get your hands on one?

jpalmito and Mickyd329 like this.
  3. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    It doesn't attract ME and probably doesn't attract any1, all the latest Ferrari models are very weak in terms of design (ROMA, SF90 and 296 ). Let's face it, Ferrari design center is weak and every1 knows that by now!!, they should NOT work for Ferrari, their work might be fine for a Japanese car manufacturer like Toyota but not an Italian brand with such heritage like Ferrari. Goodbye Manzoni!

4. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's so ugly, I had to order one. Delivery in January.

LVP488, Slicknick, Maggio23 and 6 others like this.
  5. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Thanks for confirming the credibility of your earlier statements.

Some examples for you of what it looks like when a Manzoni Roma or Manzoni SF90 is slightly lowered with wheels.

anunakki likes this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Being so categorical makes you lose credibility.
    Manzoni’s design team does a remarkable job.
    You should look at it from a perspective.

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    SF90 gets a very strong positive reaction from other road users, people at fuel station etc. It’s a really attractive design, taut, balanced and has tremendous presence. Everyone can dislike a design but to present it as though that is a universal view is incorrect according to my early experience with this car, in fact it couldn’t be further opposed to the popular reaction.

Attached Files:

mdrums, Maggio23, anunakki and 5 others like this.
  8. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    Agreed. BTW, there seems to be a growing list of those “Any1”s who are lining up to buy there remarkable designs!!!

Astrid.Didier and SECRET like this.
  9. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    Manzoni is doing a great job, if you don’t like his work you can go spend your money on other brands.

10. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    To be honest I don't think Manzoni's name will be remembered, but not because he is doing a bad job, but because Ferrari is bigger than any individual designer. It's different with Pininfarina (the studio, not the men) because they put their brand on anything they designed, as other famous coachbuilders, but other than obsessive fans such as some of us, the individual designers' names get lost in history and all that remains is Ferrari. That's what will happen to Manzoni, and his teams, unless they start putting their name on the side panels of cars like PF, Bertone, Zagato etc did.

11. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Manzoni name will be remembered as the worth thing that ever happen to Ferrari!!! And my name will be remembered as the 1 who said it earlier than any1 else!!!;);););)

12. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    ;)

13. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I think you've made your point.

SECRET likes this.
  14. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  15. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Like Manzoni or not, Wall Street confirms that he - and Ferrari - are doing just fine.

16. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I second this.

FourFiveGreat likes this.
  17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It depends how much one is interested - people looking from far away only know the Pininfarina name but I guess many know Fioravanti for instance. The same way some only know Ferrari but others know the likes of Chiti, Colombo and Lampredi.

18. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    No matter what, you can rarely satisfy Wall Street.
    From today's WS
    Ferrari Is Stuck in Neutral
    Investors won’t get to see the Italian sports car maker’s electrification strategy until next year

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Ferrari is accelerating smoothly out of the Covid-19 pandemic, but that isn’t enough to please investors.
    PHOTO: GEOFFREY SWAINE/AVALON/ZUMA PRESS
    By
    Aug. 2, 2021 1:31 pm ET
    Ferrari RACE -1.77% likes to take its time to get things right. That is a strength in creating cars that justify astronomical prices, but it also means investors can’t expect the stock to suddenly pick up speed.

Like the luxury industry it sometimes seems part of, the Italian sports car maker is accelerating smoothly out of the pandemic. Second-quarter operating profits reported Monday were about 15% higher than in the same period of 2019, before Covid-19 struck. It sold a similar number of vehicles, but those cars it did sell—such as the SF90 Stradale, a plug-in hybrid with a base price north of $500,000—were more expensive and profitable than those of two years ago. June was the best month ever for orders.

But that isn’t enough to please Ferrari investors these days. Even though the numbers beat analysts’ forecasts, the stock fell on an otherwise strong day for the market. It has drifted down this year even as both the wider automotive and luxury sectors have raced ahead.

Not RacingFerrari's share-price performance vs. automotive and luxury bellwethersSource: FactSet
    %General Motors Co.LVMH Moet HennessyLouis Vuitton SEFerrari N.V.2021Aug.-30-20-100102030405060
    What investors probably need is better visibility of Ferrari’s long-term prospects as it tackles the challenge of decarbonizing its products. They may not start to get clear answers for almost another year. In June, Chairman John Elkann made the intriguing choice of microelectronics executive Benedetto Vigna to lead Ferrari into a new technological era. On Monday, Mr. Elkann set a date in June 2022 for the new chief executive, who joins in September, to lay out his new strategy. The chairman told analysts on a call not to expect much detail before then.

FERRARI’S SF90 STRADALE

Mr. Elkann also made clear that Ferrari wouldn’t release a Tesla -style all-electric vehicle until it had mastered the technology. “I think the overall opportunity [of full electrification] is bigger than it was. We just need to be very disciplined in not trying to capture it too fast, but waiting to have really the best and the most unique in terms of products that we can deliver,” he said.

Ferrari can afford to take the long view because it has a supportive anchor shareholder in Exor, the Agnelli family investment vehicle run by Mr. Elkann, which owns about 23% of its equity value and 36% of the associated voting rights. Having such patient capital at its back could be very valuable in the manufacturer’s transition to less-polluting powertrain technologies, but it does mean other investors need to be patient too. Ferrari stock may be stuck in neutral for a while yet.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    "Even though the numbers beat analysts’ forecasts, the stock fell on an otherwise strong day for the market."

I read this article a few days ago. I just shook my head and smiled. Surely, Ferrari is a company in transition (which automaker isn't?), but it's pure speculation on the part of the writer to infer that this is "an omen." Stocks behave this way regularly (falling on an up day). It's like screaming climate change because the weather is different today than it was yesterday. It is a non- story.

Big tech like Apple, Amazon, Google, et al regularly crush their quarterlies.; yet, their stock prices take a beating in after hours or the next morning (temporarily, from short-minded holders). Amounts to nothing more than buying opportunities for the long term players.

20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I personally wouldn't invest until we see how the market reacts to electric hypercars as a social status symbol

styling wise I really like the Roma but really dislike the sf90 and to a lesser extent the 296.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  21. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Your below opinion is likely the strongest influence on your opinion above. That said, hopefully not many forum members here are trying to spend too much time studying Ferrari's stock. The stock price ≠ the inspiration and aura for which the brand brings value to pre-owned vehicles. Going public has its tradeoffs. Biggest downside is the bean counters of the world get a bigger say in what you make, esp. without a strong product driven leader at the helm of Ferrari.

The SF90 will grow on you whether or not you're easily swayed by public opinion.

Boomhauer likes this.
  22. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    by electric supercars I mean entirely electric not hybrid, it's going to be a few years before we are able to gauge the publics reaction to this as there's still plenty of petrol super/hyper cars around

re: the sf90 - i'm not ashamed to admit I've changed my opinion repeatedly about styling again and again over the years from inital disgust to love so I wouldn't rule it out but as yet i'm still unchanged - can't remember how long it's been since the first photos emerged

23. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    well put. i am still holding out some hope that petroleum companies out there aren't just going to flop over and disappear just because electric car companies have convinced the average layperson that they're saving the world by buying an electric car. if left to the public, innovation would disappear -- the average person searches around them for what's next, and it takes a lot more than that to build a vision. porsche's search for a sustainable fuel is building towards the most exciting version of the future: a sustainable, enthusiast future. the classic mistake of corporations (and government regulators/law makers) on setting/support policy and direction is over-indexing on surveying customers on how they feel now about what's out there now.

thankfully, Ferrari isn't a brand that simply does whatever customers [think they] want.

Mickyd329 likes this.
  24. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    I agree, and my guess the market will NOT react well to electric hyperarcs in general, but the problem here is much deeper, the design of both cars (SF90 and 296) are not just ugly, both don't even look like a Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!

25. lechevalcabre

lechevalcabre Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Mourmelon Le Grand
    Full Name:
    Eric Pacheco
    The 365 GT/4 BB in 1971 or Testarossa in 1984 (no round lights at the rear ! :)) for example were not classic designs but very futuristic and I think people thought like today for SF90 Stradale or 296 GTB. Today, they are masterpieces for everyone.
    Before the Dino 206 GT, Ferrari were exclusively powered by front engines. Do you imagine how this design had to be perceived when it was released ? "don't look like a Ferrari !"
    A Ferrari must not be a time-marked design but a sensual design that lasts over time. I think Manzoni and his team have understood well and I salute their work.

gzachary and releod like this.