Time to add an F12? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Time to add an F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by haithman, Nov 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. haithman

haithman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2004
    Awesome input every I appreciate it. Will try to have a go next weekend

2. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Had a friend that removed cats and cross-poped his M5. That V10 set off car alarms as he drove by

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

plastique999 likes this.
  3. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    He actually said he’d walk past a Speciale to an F12.

Caeruleus11 and Raj seth like this.
  4. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    gabf1 likes this.
  5. CJA

CJA Karting

Nov 3, 2004
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Pics or it didn't happen! Congrats.

6. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    I think now is as good of a time as any to buy an F12/812. Anything can happen but I don't think a 30% decline in price is in the cards over the next year (or ever). Just focus on finding a good example--also look for the known issues (paint bubbles, sticky buttons, etc), and get a PPI. It took me a year to find the 812 I wanted and I'm going to keep it forever.

john Owen likes this.
  7. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
  8. campbell360

campbell360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug
    This is me as well. I have an 89 TR and I thought another mid engine sportscar would be too much. I love the old school-ness of the TR so it's a keeper. I just bought a 2015 F12. Just in time for winter unfortunately. But I did sneak out on a 50 degree day and put a few miles on. More tame than I thought it would be. Until you step on it then holy cow! I will have to get to know this car better in the spring but it's a nice drivable car and it's also a beast when you want it to be.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    https://apple.news/AKeKiOqLcQsqZAA_Zpf6-fQ

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congratulations
    You will love it!
    We are fortunate.
    Like you I had a 512TR. Loved it!
    Beautiful childhood dream car.
    Can’t imagine the torture of not driving for the winter. We picked up our 812 a year ago this week from Ferrari San Francisco and drove it down the coast to our home in San Diego.
    Wow. What a drive it was.
    These cars make lifetime memories!
    Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

campbell360 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Stepping on an F12 in 50 degree weather will rapidly decrease your underwear inventory!

ryalex, Caeruleus11, Adamas and 2 others like this.
  12. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    #fact.....ask me how I know. lol

CJA likes this.
  13. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    #39 Vegas CS, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2021
    Loxo, DBomb117, Altoria F and 6 others like this.
  14. haithman

haithman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2004
  15. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Sorry for the spam, but can you please post a pic of both cars together? I'm thinking of adding a 512TR to the garage and I really want to see how the two cars look side by side.

16. CJA

CJA Karting

Nov 3, 2004
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Vegas CS likes this.
  17. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    I haven't lusted after an F12, but rather an FF but all the same I grew up on super cars and started with P cars including a 996 GT3 and 991 GT3 and while they're incredible and I would love to get back into a 996 again; nothing compares to a front engined Ferrari V12. I took an FF for a long weekend test drive even though I ultimately passed, it's to this day my absolute favorite automobile experience, I can only imagine the F12 is that much better.

-K1- likes this.
  18. haithman

haithman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2004
    Quick update: Finally made my way to a local dealer (Ferrari of Central Jersey - super nice and helpful people fyi).

They had an F12 in the showroom that I wanted to take a look at. It wasn’t a spec I would go for (rosso corsa) but I wanted to get a feel for the car in real life. Beautiful car but I think not being the ideal spec made it a little difficult for me to judge how badly I wanted it / pull the trigger on the spot. The interior was beautiful and the exhaust sounded absolutely savage.

My one main issue with the F12 was the view out front and over the hood. I’m not especially tall and the hood is loooong, making visibility challenging for me. In the GT3 I feel I can place the front right wheel almost with my eyes closed, but in the F12 I felt like I was guessing a bit where the wheel was which might make some drives up here in the northeast hairy on narrower roads.

There was also a 458 next to it that honestly looked incredible. I guess it’s been awhile since I’ve been up close and personal with a 458 but there were so many curves and swoops and design features that I just totally forgot about / don’t show in photos. It was also finished in Nero Daytona which is by far my favorite color. Seating position was also more comfortable for me and looking out the front felt similar in some ways to a 911.

I have some thinking to do in terms of what route I want to go down and hopefully seeing a F12 in a different spec (black, Diamond cut wheels) will make the options more clear. Also will probably need to get used to the seating position and visibility a bit.

I did see that Ferrari of Long Island has a black F12 that I will be checking out although it seems it’s pretty lightly optioned. Anyone familiar with this car?

19. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Was the car with carbon seats? Because if it was with standard seats, I don't see why you can not just put the seat higher, it goes a lot high actually. However, in these cars, if you drive them fast, I guess the racing rule applies in the same way - the lower you are to the bottom, the better you feel what the car is doing....

20. ChaosAD!

ChaosAD! Karting

Jul 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Shinas
    Check your messages. I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I don't think the F12 is for you after reading your post. You should have driven it. The F12/812 series is not for you if you don't love a long hood. The only thing you can see when driving that car is the hood view which I find exciting especially the wheel arches. You would be more comfortable with a mid-engine I think.

gliazzurri likes this.
  22. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I agree. This is very good advice. A lot of new Ferrari buyers can't gel with the F12/812 from a driving pov purely because of the long bonnet which requires one to recalibrate one's brain especially if used to driving mid-engined cars.

23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Curious why you passed on the FF?
    Love mine !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Josephyuan

Josephyuan Rookie

Nov 23, 2021
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Joseph Y
    F12 is a really comfortable car for commute , not loud at all on auto mode, but you can still enjoy the v12 screaming once you put on manual and over 7K rpm. really nice car to drive on daily life.