Time to replace bushings/bearings - 612 | FerrariChat

Time to replace bushings/bearings - 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by ablee2323, Nov 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ablee2323

ablee2323 Rookie

Apr 22, 2015
    Hi all,

Enjoying my 612 (2005). The car has been performing well. I am the 2nd owner and bought it with 6k km. It now as 22k km. All is good, but over rough/bumpy roads (I'm talking minor imperfections on the road), from the interior the car is creaky and loud. Almost embarrassing, if I'm taking a passenger.

I'm told I need to replace the "rubber" parts and bushings/bearings. How much is this and does it help? I know I'm asking for diagnosis and advice from what little I wrote, but wondering if any of you have done this. Thanks.

Some pics (the bobae tag is the dealership tag Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login )

2. ZDF_Fan

ZDF_Fan Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Kuwait
    I'm currently in the same situation and have been looking at superformance in the UK. There's been some feedback posted about them in other forum sections. They have their own wishbone bushings and D rubber as well as Hill Engineering ball joints. I'm currently communicating with them and looking to finalize my order.

I don't know if anyone else on here has had experience with them or if there are other options/opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Just a question,how old are the tires? I was very surprised at the improvement in ride sound and quality with new tires. Get her on a lift, it is easy to inspect and check your bushings for play etc. I don't think you even have to remove the front and rear under trays for that.

4. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    No need to take out under trays If you do not change stabilizer rubber.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą FerrariChat

5. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I've used them for parts for my other F Cars. Always been reliable. Also looking at their upgraded parts for my 612.

6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Too low mileage to need a suspension rebuild, IMO. I had 32K MILES on my 456M and everything was still tight as a drum. Like Anthony, I suspect tires are your problem. I couldn't believe how much smoother the ride was when I replaced a worn out set with new P Zeros. Much quieter too, with zero road whine. So I'd change tires before messing with the suspension.

7. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    Simple check,
    lift the car at each wheel
    Take the wheek at 6 12 oc clock and 3 9 o clock
    Shake with force
    You will see if there is the need for a rebuilt
    Play at 6 12 means ball joints shot
    play at 3 9 mean tie rod shot
    Even a minor play will create noise and alignment discrepancies
    Not to forget sway bar links, there are cheap and make a clunky noise when gone

proceed with method, and don't spend more than you car needs

Right side should be more worn out than left side

Mor, Makuono, G. Pepper and 1 other person like this.
  8. ZDF_Fan

ZDF_Fan Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Kuwait
    Very helpful. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app