tips to owning a Ferrari one day? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

tips to owning a Ferrari one day?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Trance, Aug 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bulletproofwallet

Mar 2, 2011
    San Francisco

qft.

2. crcs

crcs Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2009
    Burlington Ontario

Or instead of being an utter cheapskate you can spend the time to figure out how to increase your income vs saving 50 cents on a latte. Do you split toilet paper to save $ as well?

3. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    No need to be so negative.
    I thought Mixxalot's ideas had some value.

Buying a Ferrari some day takes discretionary dollars.
    It does not matter whether those dollars are made through additional revenue or cost savings.
    If the goal is to own a Ferrari, people of most income brackets can make it a reality using either strategy.

4. canadianferrarista

canadianferrarista Formula 3

Jan 16, 2010
    Calgary, Ab. Canada
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    +1

5. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Although I'm still finishing up my last semester in college, (studying mechanical engineering) when I was 10 years old I saw my first Ferrari. From that point on, I knew I wanted to be surrounded by Ferrari's. That drive to see Ferrari's all the time has lead me to where I am today. I work for a small local shop that primarily repairs ferraris with the occasional lambos, fiats, alfas, maseratis (anything italian). Even though I dont have the kind of money to own a Ferrari at this point in my life (22yr old), I do have the pleasure of enjoying the same experience and passion that Ferrari is known for. From my point of view, I am getting paid to do what I truly love.

There are many paths to get to the same destination. I personally think I'm still too young to own a Ferrari due to the fact that I'm more concerned at this point in my life on my career so that down the road I can be in the position I want to be in to do the things I want to do. Now is the time to make a name for yourself since the economy isn't in the best shape. You can't have tunnel vision with the ferrari being at the end of the tunnel. Knowing what you truly want is the key factor.

Anytime any one asks me if it's hard to work on Ferrari's, I always tell them "Ferraris are just nuts and bolts holding them together; expensive nuts and bolts though."

Just remember, an opportunity is never missed because there is always someone there to snatch it.

6. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    1) Don't watch TV or follow sports. Waste of time and dulls your mind.
    2) Spend as little time as possible in front of the computer for non productive purposes.
    3) Learn to get things done, never procrastinate. Have some sort of organizational system and follow through. I use a simple "to do list" almost every day.
    4) Don't do stupid things that are not in your own self interest. That pretty much eliminates drugs, drinking too much, overeating etc.
    5) Be reliable, do what you say, when you say, every time.
    6) Be nice to every one you come accross, especially those who you think have no power over you.
    7) Marry the right person. Do not marry or date "high maintenance" women...well, maybe date them, but not for too long;)
    8) Get up early, go to bed early. Seriously, I don't know of any sucessfull people who are late sleepers.
    9) Seek to be proven wrong. When you are wrong, throw out the old way of thinking and adopt the correct path. The ability to be fluid and flexible in your thoughts and to analyze your situation and results is key.

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #83 AceMaster, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
    I like this list, and agree with all but point #1. I follow sports, and watch it on TV, however that didn't stop me from getting a Ferrari ;)