Tire Recommendations | FerrariChat

Tire Recommendations

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by sjmst, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I am going to replace the metric wheels and their extinct rubber on my Mondial with later 16" Mondial Wheels.
    The tire size looks to be 225/55 VR 16 for rear, but I plan on putting that all round. Any good tire recommendations?
    Thanks
    Sam

2. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Sam,

I put 20,000 miles / year on my Mondial 3.2 , so economics and all - weather driveability are concerns. I'm on my second set of Continental Extreme Contacts and I really like them. Price was about $75.00 at Tirerack. 205/55 front and 225/55 rear, which are the stock sizes. I'm getting about 20,000 miles on the fronts and about 12,000 miles on the rears.

I really wish I could come to the ROE on 4/24 , but it's my daughter's birthday. You know how sensitive a 14 year old can be. :)

Tom

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

SAM

I USE KUMHOS FOR MY TR..

75 FOR THE FRONT
    105 FOR THE BACK..

THEY FELL GREAT, I DONT DRIVE IN THE RAIN OR TRACK MY CAR....

WWW.TIRERACK.COM

GOOD LUCK BUDDY....

BTW, THE DISC IS RUINED, SORRY..

BRUCE

4. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004

TRX millimetric tires are available from Longstone Tires in the UK if you want to stay original.

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Yes, I think for 400 each.
    I like the new looking 16" wheels. I have not decided yet whether to sell or keep the originals. 3 are in as new shape and all but one has almost new rubber. I could keep them in case I ever want to so the concourse thing...even an 82 Mondial can...well...maybe not.

Bruce, I'll check them out. No problem with the disc. I can use that thread anyway.

What do people think of P Zeros?? I have heard mixed things.