Tire+wheel install in Sound end? | FerrariChat

Tire+wheel install in Sound end?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Cavallino Aficionado, Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Lexus bought me new wheels after messing up the originals with tire installation. They don't have equipment for installing 'rubber band' tires on large wheels. Lexus is asking me for a resource to install the tires on the wheels. This is Lexus of Fife so I'd be seeing someone local or mobile to the area. Anyone you trust our there? I also have a call into Griot's for a resource...

Thanks!
    Brian

2. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Okay- So a recommendation from Griots is Point S tire in Tacoma. Ask for Ed the owner...

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Rubber band tires? Is that run flats or something else? You'd think just about any shop could now do run flats.

4. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    So just a follow-up. Ed scheduled me for a last minute install on Friday. He and his tech Michael did a great job and everything looks perfect. I'd recommend these guys to anyone looking for wheel and tire work in the south-end. They also do incidental wear and tear repair as well.

5. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    I have never had an issue even with 30 series tires at the likes of Discount tire. Even putting a 285 on an 12" rim (or worse). They also have road force balancer. I always ask to have the tire moved to the correct spot on the rim as well.