Tires Mounted & Balanced in NYC | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tires Mounted & Balanced in NYC

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by notoboy, Mar 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I did my 360 Spider at 212 Motoring 35 Neptune ave brooklyn 718-743-3200

job was perfect they have alot of exotics there

2. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    I looked up Autoelite, and I only came up with Auto Elite Corp. on 2085 Hudson Street in Fort Lee, NJ.

The guy who answered the phone said they dont sell and mount/balance tires.

Thanks for the tip tho.

3. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Major caution with Costco tire mounting - of the two I have been to for tires (including Westbury), neither had a high speed balancing machine. They were cheap, though...but somehow I can't picture an F-car in a bay there.

4. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    I tried Eurotire and they'll get back to me Monday with availability on the Michelin Pilot Sports. Called a few more places, but no one had 265x40R18s in stock - funky Italian sizes no one has in stock!

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think I'd use Costco even on my MG that doesn't go over 100mph.

5. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Noto - Good luck with trying to find tires! I was searching all over for the Dunlops for my TR (Super Sport 8000), and nobody had them! Dunlop had a huge back order on them and did not even have a production date set to make the damn things!! I also heard the same is true with Michelin Pilot Sports. Best advice is to check the web and make some inquisitive e-mails & phonecalls to see if anyone's got the tires you want (sitting on the shelf!!). Here are some palces to check:
    WWW.TIRERACK.COM
    WWW.WHEELFANATICS.COM
    WWW.1010TIRES.COM
    Also try DeSantie tire in Fairfield, CT 203-334-2433 , and ask for Lou.

1010tires.com is way out in British Columbia, Canada. But they were the only place that had the Dunlops, so I ordered them from there. Shipping 4 tires out to LI was only $85 . And the tires are on the way :) !!!

6. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Eurotire in NJ is the place my men...they are AWESOME

7. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    Bill / Chris will find the tires if they are avail somewhere. EuroTire is THE BEST for tire service.

8. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    FYI: I just got new tires today from EuroTire for the 355 - they're great and I would definitely recommend them to anyone else!

Their prices were about $30 per tire more than TireRack, but for this price, they mounted and balanced the tires, gave me a limited warranty and disposed of my old tires - definitely a good deal.

David

9. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    Hi David,

Good to hear. I will probably be going to them for my rears on the 993 as well. How much was the mount and balance if you don't mind me asking?

Did you have to make an appt.?

10. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Glad to hear David... Eurotire has been doing my tire work for years. I didnt catch this thread til today, otherwise I wldve echo'd Adam's sentiments immediately. Chris installed my suspension (shocks/springs) on numerous cars of mine.

11. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Mine were $253 for the fronts (225/40R18) and $352 for the rears (265/40R18) + tax, but this price includes mounting, balancing and disposing of the old tires. You can call and they'll give you a quote over the phone.

I was most impressed that they used a torque wrench and not an impact wrench, the way it supposed to be done.

12. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    I'm assuming these prices are with tires??

Thanks David. We missed ya on the run. Next time!

13. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    I went down that route with Vinny....I would not reccomend them...did the change in a crappy parking lot and jacked the car up wrong ( I could go on) but you want cheap..you look for cheap, guess what you get cheap. I used two places in manhattan...one was at about 56th and 11th ( STS, I think I am not sure they are still there though) very good work and prices. I also used Cybert Tire
    726 11th Avenue, for my Jag XKE a few times a while ago....we are talking gorgeous chrome real wire wheels....they have to mount the tires by "hand" the old fashion way with tire "spoons" and a inner tube! You never heard such cursing in your life, but they did it.... they are perfectionists and have been there forever...the building used to be a stable and then converted to a garage when the "horseless carraige" was invented..it is an intereseting place but they can be finicky with exotics and if busy will turn you away esp. if they think you will be a hard ass...also they sell tires so they would really prefer you buy from them..don't know what they will charge.

14. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Eurotire is a no brainer...never any regrets going to them

15. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    There is this little hole in the wall shop under the west side highway at 125th street...Right across from The Cotton club....
    There is always Hot Cars parked in Front!

16. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    ( a reality cable show about Unique auto in LI) they put new aftermarket wheels on a 430, lambo and range rover, chet said he stripped the stud ont eh RR and the lambo wheels didn't fit and they used a impact on the lambo while Reme was talking about how he only uses hand tools on the exotics ( he used them on the 430) I never saw them torque any wheel bolts and is it ok to jack a lambo from the center rear?