Tires size of Pirelli P0 use on 348 Series Speciale | FerrariChat

Tires size of Pirelli P0 use on 348 Series Speciale

Discussion in '348/355' started by patpong, Jul 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    I have been searching but I don't find anywhere for Tires size of Pirelli P0 use on 348 Series Speciale... Please let me know, Thank you...

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    #2 ///Mike, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    I'm 99.5% sure they're the same size as the standard 348s used. I think the only difference was the extra 25 mm of offset built into each rear wheel. Since SSs and Spiders used the same rear wheels you could look at the specs for the Spider to confirm. I'm not in front of my computer now or I'd check the Spider manual for you.

BTW, IMO the P Zero is not that great of a tire, especially considering its price. So unless you just really want an Italian tire on your Italian car I'd submit that there are better choices. Bridgestone was also OE on 348s and they make some nice tires in sizes to fit the 348.

Edit: just checked the Spider technical manual. Tires are listed as Bridgestone Expedia or Pirelli P Zero 215/50-17 up front and 255/45-17 out back. Interestingly, different inflation pressures are specified for each brand, so Ferrari apparently actually tested the cars with both sets of tires. Pretty cool. :)

3. S-T48

S-T48 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Tires are listed as Bridgestone Expedia or Pirelli P Zero 215/50-17 up front and 255/45-17 out back. Interestingly, different inflation pressures are specified for each brand, so Ferrari apparently actually tested the cars with both sets of tires. Pretty cool. :)[/QUOTE]

Too bad neither brand makes the OE sizes.

Recently I had to replace my original P Zeros and went with Continental DW, pretty good tires for the price. Plus Continental's logo is similar to Cavallino (-;

4. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Get 355 or 360 wheels for the car. They are safer. They are easier to get replacement tires. Make sure you use spacers on the rear ones and shorter lug bolts. Can't remember which front or back. Ricambi knows.

5. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    IIRC, he has 360 wheels on the car now and is wanting to upgrade to the original look.