360 - To exhaust or not, droning? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 To exhaust or not, droning?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, Feb 12, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Think I need to ditch my factory CS system for this....apparently it will scare the sh*t out of you, cause that's not exhaust at 0:06

RANDY6005 likes this.
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I have a Tubi, and it does drone at lower rpms... not too bad as I believe there are several stages and mine may be a little more muted, plus I have a Modena, versus a Spider, so I mostly hear it if I keep my windows down. Having said that, it sings rather well once you're above 4 or 5k rpm. I prefer this over the much more muffled stock sound.

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Simple. Don’t drive at 2000 rpm! More seriously, I have a Tubi and I never notice any annoying resonance, but I do keep the revs in a happy range.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

tifosi101 likes this.
  4. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There is going to be some drone around 2000-3000 rpm with every aftermarket exhaust system. Stock systems are made to "muffle" such drone, but also don't sound as good at high rpms. If you want to get more sound up high, you're going to have to accept some drone down low. It's a trade-off.

I have a scud and the S-Line x-pipe. It's pretty loud -- too loud to daily drive IMO. That said, it sounds amazing in the canyons and at the track when I'm on attack. No regrets.

If you want the best of both worlds, a custom valved system might be the way to go. You can keep it quiet for putting around town and then open it up for spirited driving.

550nitis, tifosi101 and brookliner7 like this.