To pace myself with a vehicle journey or not... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

To pace myself with a vehicle journey or not...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 2tall4economy, Dec 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I also wanted to try this approach when I decided I was finally going to buy my first fcar last year. After looking at 360’s and comparing them to F430’s (specs, prices and service costs) I bought the F430. But what I really wanted was the 458 - I’ve been in love with the car since it was introduced! But it was literally twice as expensive.

The F430 was amazing but not easy to live with. Mine was an F1 trans, not a stick, but it’s just a much older-engineered design overall. For an hour on the weekend it was very fun. But for longer use, such as Ferrari Club events, it wasn’t comfortable or convenient to use. My wife refused to ride in it for more than short rides. So we finally “compromised” and traded it for a 458! Now everyone’s happy and I can drive this modern car anytime to anywhere. No reservations about using it, fear of it breaking down, etc. I actually have to stop myself from picking it over my M3 for daily errands! Never happened with the F430. If I could have kept both it would have been cool, but not an option for me.

TL;DR - buy the car you emotionally are attracted to and really want to live with because the older cars are fun but not as livable. Sounds like the 458.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat