To tell or not to tell? | Page 19 | FerrariChat

To tell or not to tell?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Oh my, if only we could resurrect the deleted thread about the blue Diablo.

:D

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Of course, the cosmic irony would be if they ran the VIN, saw the salvage bit on a CARFAX report and denied your offer.

:)

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #453 titanium360, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
    i am sorry you feel that way but i just stated my opinion as to how i see the facts in this thread like everyone else. there are many members here that dont agree with roy either does that make them have woody for roy, your take on this situation can be different than mine and that's your perogative. if you have an issue with me please pm me and i be more than glad to speak to you.

4. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Agreed, I think Roy probably has the CarFax messed up. I bet CarFax can look into their database immediately and see what was changed and when.

I also don't think SCC knew what they had on their hands. Think about it, why would they sell a crappy Lambo to another dealer, specifically Cats Exotics, if they knew there was going to be this much drama? They wouldn't, they would have auctioned the car and moved on. At least, I hope thats what they would have done.

5. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    You must admit you're constantly baiting Roy out. He's no angel but your relentless stalking is over the top, IMO. Others who dislike him are not constantly seeking him out to bash him.

6. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Today, I am no more distinct of who's right as I was informed of who's wrong the day this thread started, but I do have an advice for Roy:

---You need to form an Advisory Board that consists of sensible, level-headed, smart members who will screen and review all your threads for approval before you are allowed to start another thread again. You either have a propensity for pain self infliction or just simply have too much time on your hands. I can only imagine the hours of lost productivity, as a result of all of your threads.

Tom "still your friend"

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i am sorry you feel that way but you are entitled to your opinion, i have made my point in regards to this situation that roy brought up himself by starting this thread and are moving on. please lets not hijcack this thread, you are more than welcome to pm me if you like

8. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mike's question was quite specific and very easy to answer. Instead, you're throwing up smoke screens and tossing out phrases like "as I remember it." In case your memory is a bit hazy, let me ask some very specific yes/no questions:

1. Did you and/or SCC describe the car in question as "pristine, even to the discerning eye"?

2. Did you actually see the car in person?

3. Have you seen enough Diablos to recognize a pristine example?

9. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Roy, this is VERY good advice.

10. Detour_racing

Detour_racing Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    +1,000,000 Very tired of the bashing and no real content to any posts!

11. Bullitt44

Bullitt44 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Westlake, OH
    Full Name:
    Jon Sabo
    Hey Roy - one question, sort of off topic. You are always posting that you don't use banks and pay cash for all your cars. Why are you then complaing about the "interest charge" on this Diablo?

12. Detour_racing

Detour_racing Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Comical, all I can say. .....or is it YOU can do no wrong. Get over yourself.

13. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Thats easy, if the $128,000K was not in the car....it would be in the bank account earning intrest...that is were the loss intrest comes from..

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Right.... It's the hard ones you seem to ignore best! ;)

15. pdisme

pdisme Formula 3

Oct 9, 2006
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You and Josh should go make out with each other, you could talk about Roy all day.

16. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    BS response.

First of all, your "there are lawyers involved" answer is a cop out. IIRC Roy earlier stated he wants you to take the car back. If you acknowledge it was not in the as-advertised condition, then why not take it back? There can be no legal case if you unwind the deal. I am not stupid, neither are the members here... to claim your hands are tied because of lawyers is a cop out. The reason there are lawyers involved is likely because you are refusing to take the car back.

Second, your part about he-said/she-said is also a cop out. I am not asking you about statements that were claimed but cannot be proven. I am saying that the ad on your site very specifically and clearly states "this car is pristine, even to the discerning eye". Do you dispute that your site said this about the car? (I assume no, if you do dispute it, correct me).

Clearly the car was far from pristine to any eye, especially a discerning one.

You acknowledge that the car was not as advertised. There is no he-said/she-said going on. We can all see how it was advertised and how it actually was.

IMO, you have done absolutely nothing to convince anyone that you did not pawn off a junk car on someone by claiming it was in great shape, and then refused to make it right when the situation came to light.

So why would someone want to buy a car from you if...

A) We know that you have advertised cars are being "pristine" when they were heaps of junk

and

B) When the above was shown to be the case, you refused to "do the right thing" and take the car back.

No need to answer... you already gave an answer that was nothing more than a duck and weave BS response. That speaks volumes.

17. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    You are not sorry because you make it a point to continually badger the man. Numerous people have expressed their feelings on your actions. If you were 'sorry' that everyone was tired of reading your biased drivel, you would stop doing it. Saying sorry and then continuing to do something is not 'sorry', its BS lip service.

You have clearly shown that you are very biased against Roy and Cats, so your comments on these threads and your assertions that you are just expressing your opinion are laughable. You have zero credibility, because your clear motivation is simply to do as much damage to Roy as you can.

Just go away.

18. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Unless this was par for the course with this dealer.

I've gone to see cars that were advertised as being in top condition that were anything but. I think the vast majority of dealers will lie about the condition of a car - because in sales, you can just claim no knowledge of the truth and get out of responsibility, and you may get lucky and find a sucker who doesn't check.

The question would be.... have there been other dealers who have purchased a car from SCC and had a similar situation happen? I wonder if SCC/Rimoore is aware of any other incidents where they were asked to take a car back because it was not in the condition specified?

19. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #469 titanium360, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
    not going to argue with you on board, i will pm you, this thread is about roy and SCC

20. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Reading some of these threads makes me wonder if its true... That the more money you make and the more successful you are... the more miserable and stressful your life becomes... I keep seeing these major expensive disputes that people are in... and it seems to happen more frequently...

21. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    All,
    Roy and I spoke this morning and came to an agreement about the car. There are a few possible scenarios that are being discussed. The good news is that we are going to put this issue to bed and move on.

Cheers
    Rick

22. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #472 darth550, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good news!

Even better will be when ROY posts all the private stuff so we can all see it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    That is correct...

Thank You Rick and Jim at SCC

24. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003