To upgrade or not? | FerrariChat

To upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by scott61, Jul 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    That is the question. The Tubi was a no brainier, That is simply a must to Finnish this car off. Now my dilemma, I love some of the wheel's I have seen and that powerchip looks interesting. But do I go out and spend another $4,000-$5,000 upgrading my 04 Spyder knowing I will only keep till the next generation comes out in 06? Figure I only have 3 or 4 months of driving car left this year then all of next season then plan on trading in in the Fall of 05 to get a Spring Delivery. From past experience I have found that upgrading a car is not like fixing up your house. You will never get back that money and in some cases upgrades will even hurt trade in value. But is nice some products finally coming out for Maserati, Now if I could just find a license plate holder so I could take my M3 one off. Also any recommendations for a car cover for Winter storage?

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Scott:

Take it from someone who has lost tens of thousands of dollars upgrading cars over the years. If you are not planning on holding on to the car do not do it. If you are planning to trade to car in when you go for the next generation I have founf that many dealers want the car put back to stock before they will take it.

3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Your right about that, When I traded in my M3 I had to give them the stock exhaust so they could put it back on. Will most likely just stick with cosmetic upgrades like wheels and since car will still have over two years left on warranty will not mess around with motor. The Tubi should not be a problem as most seem to go that anyway

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Iwent with GHL straight pipes did the same thing sounded better in my opinion and about a third the cost.