To warranty or not to warranty | Page 2 | FerrariChat

To warranty or not to warranty

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Carter Frick, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I am considering a 2011 Cali. But I must admit I’m a little concerned about reliability. I’m a longtime 911 owner and rarely had issues. This would be my first Ferrari. Forget the warranty...I don’t want to buy a headache.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    A valid concern. With a Ferrari, you can't expect the reliability of a Honda. But, it's a trade off that every owner must decide if it's worth it, or not, because when you hit that little red button on the mannetino & your Ferrari barks to life (hopefully! ), for many, it's worth it. For others, it's not...T

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Not sure what you mean by "Forget the warranty...I don’t want to buy a headache". Care to elaborate?

BTW, 911s are truly great cars and you are probably one of their luckier owners but over the years some 911s have had more serious issues than DCTs, one of the latest ones was with the recent 991.1 GT3... self-destructing engines. It's a shame about these problems but they can happen to the best cars. ;)

4. Carter Frick

Carter Frick Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Carter Frick
    I am a lifelong Porschephile, but i have to tell you it is not even comparable to the Ferrari. The Ferrari evokes such passion I assure that you will absolutely fall in love with it. Hard to put into words, you gotta spend some time with one. Best of wishes to you.

timjen88 likes this.
  5. MrAwilson

MrAwilson Rookie

Jan 23, 2019
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Aaron Wilson
    I’m years away from buying my first exotic, but I’m a research junkie in addition to being a car fiend. Reading all you guys’ responses is definitely very helpful. The top car on my list is the V12 GTC4Lusso. Reading the comments here has helped me with budgeting for the car and possible repairs in the future along with providing resources for sourcing parts. I’m sure there are plenty of potential buyers out there, like me, who tune in to read what the owners are saying. Thank you, and I hope to join you all 1 day.

FerrariTexas likes this.
  6. Mike8Wang

Mike8Wang Rookie

Feb 12, 2019
    orlando,fl
    Full Name:
    Mike Wang
    Just bought a 2015 Cali t and this forum is very helpful. I decided not to get power warranty given 6k miles on car and seem to drive nicely. However, I just noticed couple minor cosmetic issues after having it for couple days. I included the pictures and wondering if it's common or best way to fix it?

Attached Files:

7. D-Gunz

D-Gunz Rookie

Apr 9, 2013
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    David W.
    I just made the switch from Maserati (7 yr run) to Ferrari... so now evaluating the warranty options... As a DYI i fixed everything on my Maserati QP that broke (except the rack n' pinion - $3500) and bushings/balljoints... I plan on doing 100% of the maintenance and repair myself within my mechanical ability... I spent about $30,000 in repairs over the 7yrs including (mostly suspension issues).. I think i'm going to roll the dice on this and wing it!!!!