Tonight I pop the question!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tonight I pop the question!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Nibblesworth, Jul 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    No way, could use a high price call girl once a week and would save a bundle

2. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Congrats!

Good luck with the wedding planning... I'm in the midst of it now myself! :)

3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
  4. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Congratulations and the best of luck!!! ;)

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    WELL DONE, Bill...well done!

I'll dance at your wedding!

DL

6. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If you think you pay a hooker for sex...you're wrong.

You pay a hooker to leave! ;)

DL

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Speaking from experience? Wonder, if your name is on Heidi's black book :D

8. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Heidi's father once cleaned my teeth!

see? :D

DL

9. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congratulations Bill - all the best for the future.

10. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Prenups are now very standard in a lot of marriages. I learned quite a bit while doing mine. One good thing was you can exclude yourself from debt incurred by your partner. Also learned about how a partners family can go after assets in case of death. I got married 2 years ago after a 9 year engagement. My girlfriend totally understood my fears of marriage as I was screwed over in my first marriage and that, and not the fear of committing to her was holding me back from marriage. Then as our 4 year old started to figure things out, it was her that came to me about a prenup. Was extremely easy and not unpleasant at all. Much easier to do while you are on speaking terms and not after some incident that causes the marriage to end. The other great thing is not much need to spend all that money on lawyers in case of divorce

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    All the best Bill. Getting married is one of those great leaps of faith that never makes any sense. It is easy to come up with a half a dozen reason as to why you shouldn't get married. At the end of the day, though, I have to say that getting married was one of the best things that ever happened to me, and that was 27 years ago!

Dale

12. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Congrat!!! You must be ecstatic right now. Does everything look pinky & rosey in your eyes now? I can probably slap your face right now, and you'll smile at me, hahaha.

Getting married is just the start, and you'll have much happy & unhappy time from now, but longer you stick to it w/out giving up, better it will be in later year of your life. That's what I was told, so I'm looking forward to my elderly days!

Cherish the time & enjoy!

13. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Well, I'll be damned - you picked a nice location! I was a Project Architect during the Reagan Building's construction from 1991 to 1996.

If you care to know, the building you proposed in:
    - is the second largest Federal office building in the US, second only to the Pentagon.
    - is 3.1 million square feet
    - has 87 elevators (two of which are large enough for a panel truck to drive into)
    - was designed by Pei Cobb Freed (I.M. Pei's firm, although James Freed was the design partner) w/ Ellerbe Becket Inc. as the Architect of Record
    - final construction cost; approximately $656 million
    - building footprint, approx. 11 acres

gee, have I killed the romance yet?

congratulations, Bill!

14. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    That's awesome! No killing of any romane here. In fact, my lady oughtta get a kick out of that. :) Small world indeed.

Thanks for all the great thoughts and wishes, everyone! I really appreciate it. I'm happy and excited, as is she, and getting such warm regards from friends makes the event even that much more special.

Thanks!