Too Much of a Geezer for a 458? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Too Much of a Geezer for a 458?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by PhilNotHill, Jul 14, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    Not to self....next time read entire thread before replying.... LOL

Congrats Phil....

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    LOL

It's a great ride.

Must admit I am growing a little bit tired of the bowing, kneeling and genuflecting by everybody as the car passes by. I drive fast so that the minions do not have to hold their respectfully submissive positions for TOO LONG. It's the least I can do. Yes, I do have SOME feelings of compassion but I try not to think of this as a virtue. I know it's not easy but I do try. Really.

You are forgiven, my son. :cool:

3. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #178 PhilNotHill, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #179 PhilNotHill, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Went up to Ashcroft again today. Fabulous drive. No bicycllists and no traffic.

But I can't redo my avatar with the 458 spider bcus the road is still closed. However, you can read the sign now. Before the snow was almost to the top of the sign.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. jaxxonr8

jaxxonr8 Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    #180 jaxxonr8, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    Back to original topic... "Too Much of a Geezer for a 458?" No way! For successful folks that have worked very hard (and smart) ...that have obtained wealth through saved cash, IRA's and other investments. There becomes a point in your age to income chart (if you were to draft a line chart, one being age and the other being income) You should begin buying whatever you want as long as it doesn't adversely effect your lifestyle or retirement income. Because before you know it you'll be too old to enjoy it. 65 is the new 55 and so on... Assuming you have cash and plenty of it, buy the car now before your 75 and too old to really enjoy it.

Big one here: And at 65 I'm sure you care less what anyone thinks of you driving a 458. As long as it's exactly what you want and you personally enjoy the car. Slightly off topic here but caring what you look like in a car is for 21 year old kids. Most people think "d*****bag" when they see us in 300K sports cars. I say f**k it, I drive the car for my personal enjoyment of sheer mechanical wizardry and the rush, not what others think of me when they see me.

6. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Wish my spider was only $250k. The MSRP was $325k and I paid a premium over that to avoid a two year wait...at 67 much can happen in two years. My father called retirement the "disease of the month club." LOL :D

7. jaxxonr8

jaxxonr8 Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    oops I have a used 2010 Italia... I did edit my post to 300K though. ;-) My father at 79 will just about punch someone in the face if they ask if he's retired. LOL I do have to say he could care less about sports cars and always had exotics in his younger years.

8. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I am glad to be retired. At the end the stress of my job was literally killing me. Since retirement my health has improved 100%.

Good for your Dad. Hope he is enjoyng good health.

9. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I have now personally put 3k miles on the spider. Love the car more the more I drive her.

Have not hooked up Sat Radio yet. Still working on 20GB of music on the hard drive.

Absolutely no problems with the car so far. Biggest problem is not getting speeding tickets. Try to stay to the back roads. No tickets in the Fcar yet (my last was in the Pcar ugh...thankfully this only happens every 3-4 years).

As reported elsewhere, the spider gets too much attention. So I have to mix up my lunch spots and days.

Tomorrow we are taking a trip to Black Canyon of the Gunnison Natl Park. Never been to the South rim so it should be great. 0% chance of rain and it is a weekday so the peeps should be minimal.

Have camera. Will travel.

Life is godd.
    Life is better driving a Ferarri.
    Life is best driving a 458 Spider. :cool:

10. Migas

Migas Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2013
    Lisboa - Portugal
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Stretch it as much as you can and enjoy your joy.

All the best for you!

11. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Thanks. :)

12. geochin

geochin Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    George
    Have a great day and enjoy the ride!

13. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    While on our trip to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison Natl Park, a little girl (about 10) came into the Ladies Room while my wife was in there and said to another little girl:

An OLD MAN just parked the neatest car in front (of the restaurant). You have to come see it!

You can't make this stuff up. :cool:

14. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Yes we are ancient to a 10 year old. Ah.. to be young.

BTW the Black Canyon is a remarkable cut. The river slices its way through the plateau before coming out on the flatlands to the west around Delta.

15. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    they had to cut a tunnel by hand through the rock walls of the Black Canyon to get the water to the Uncompahgre Valley which was basically a desert. 1905. 5.8 miles called the Gunnison Tunnel. Just saw the park movie yesterday. :cool: