Took delivery of my Mondial today! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Took delivery of my Mondial today!

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Dino2400, Nov 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Beautiful Mondial 3.2 Coupe. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

paulchua and Dino2400 like this.
  2. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thx! Bearing was making noise before we left. So, i knew it had to be replaced. An original part was used. Had the choice original or reproduction. I always obtained for original parts.

About your trip, now the car comes up for sale i'm not driving the car much anymore. I might however plan a visit to Spa for the Ferrari Racing Days in May.

paulchua likes this.
  3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Fantastic car, wonderful driving trip, and obviously you are maintaining it to a high standard. The rolling restoration is the way to go, freshening these cars up for regular use just takes a bit of commitment, and attention to age related hoses and such items where time rather than use is a factor.

Dino2400 and paulchua like this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    beautiful car and awesome posts - thank you for this!

Dino2400 likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That’s pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dino2400 likes this.
  6. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    As mentioned in post #74 my car was once part of a huge Dutch Ferrari Collection. I've discovered some more (low res. ) pictures of this collection on-line. You might enjoy them. Amazing which cars were part of the collection, one can see a Enzo, F50, F40 and 288GTO among a lot of other F's.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

sidtx and paulchua like this.
  7. JustinD

JustinD Rookie

Jul 15, 2012
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Justin Dillon
    Congrats! She is beautiful! Even more inspired to find mine now. As you know I have started my search for my Mondial can't wait to post taking delivery. I looking for a Red/Tan Coupe either an 8 or QV and must have a Sun Roof!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua and Dino2400 like this.
  8. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thank you! It has been over 6 years since i took delivery of my car and i still remember how it felt like. It is hard to describe what you're feeling when they let you remove the cover! At this moment i'm thinking of passing the car on to her next custodian but it will be hard letting her go. Good luck with your hunt!

paulchua likes this.
  9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  10. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    What the mondial experience and ferrari ownership is all about right here!

Sent from my SM-G930V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thanks! I always liked the Mondial. This picture proves this... :) It is taken in 1988 at one of the first Ferrari gatherings i've attended ever here in the Netherlands. Yes, that's 'yours truly' on the left... :D At that time i believed the Mondial was WAAAAAAYYYY out of reach because the car was so much higher in price compared to 'just' a 328GTS... If i ever could get one of those... Guess what, some 25+ years later, things changed for the better and that Mondial was no longer a dream...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

WilyB, paulchua, Roward7 and 2 others like this.
  12. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Could you fine gentlemen give me some links or references as to where can find all this extras for my cars?
    I have an 1983QV and a 1989 t both coupes.
    I would like to find car covers, language, and tools as I have the took cases but incomplete tools.

Thank you

13. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Hi Ric,

My car came pretty much complete. The (original) car-cover was tracked down by my dealer and was one of the last they could find. This was back in 2011/2012. There are however many suppliers for aftermarket covers. The cover for the steering wheel came from a member here, scaledetails.
    As for the tools, try the usual places as E-Bay and/or suppliers as Ruthlands or here:

https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/default.aspx

https://www.eurospares.co.uk

Good luck hunting!

Maarten

paulchua likes this.
  14. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    You can try your luck on ebay like this Maria in Italy : https://www.ebay.com/usr/scuderiaricambi250
    Or here on F-chat https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/pouches-toolkits-spare-wheel-parts-manuals.550246
    For NEW motherboards for your fuseboxes (QV and t) I can help you out with those !

Guido

paulchua likes this.
  15. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Thank you all for your check moments and suggestions, I will start searching and report as things happen

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Time for an update. The nice weather lately makes sense to take the Mondial out for some driving. The Mondial passed the APK (like MOT or German TUV...) without a fuzz so time to enjoy the car!

First trip was a visit to the collection of someone i've met a while ago. He invited me to see his collection and two weeks ago i took him to his 'vault' with the Mondial. I was blown away what was in there!! I have seen my share of limited edition Ferrari's but seeing a Pagani on Dutch soil was close to amazing!!
    After that it was time to drive to the annual ACCE meeting in Brasschaat, Belgium. Pleasantly surprised seeing some more Mondial's present! Some of you might recognize their car! A few pictures:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wade, Jeka and paulchua like this.
  17. pr0jesse

pr0jesse Rookie

May 13, 2018
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jesse Cremers
    Beautiful car! I'm also looking to buy a Mondial, it makes me want one even more on some ugly yellow plates :)
    Hopelijk zie ik hem ook een keer in het wild ;)

Dino2400 likes this.
  18. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thank you Jesse! She is well taken care for! You might want to get in touch with Forza Service in Oss. He is handling the (private) sale for at least two Mondial's.