Top Coat F11 | FerrariChat

Top Coat F11

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by miketuason, Mar 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    daveyator likes this.
  2. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    almost sounds too good to be true

Keith Darby and miketuason like this.
  3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have been using it for about eight months now and I love it

4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    maybe I need to try some

miketuason likes this.
  5. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Try this. The detailing forums are all lit up about it. Almost a cult following!

Lots of YouTube videos also on it.

It does seem to be one of the better of the 101 top coat products I own. This one works on coated cars also, that is rare. Interestingly the first application is much more of a pain than following applications.

Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker Paint Protectant is simple to use spray on, wipe off paint sealant that will provide your paint with amazing protection, water beading, and shine for months! Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker Paint Protectant was developed using unique polymer protectants that are safe to use on any surface of your car’s exterior. Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker Paint Protectant can also be applied to any surface, whether it is dry or wet.

6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Since it is water based, does it need to be reapplied after every wash?

7. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    They say up to 6 months. We might be the only owners that will get that (graraged and carefully washed)! It does some kind of crazy visible curing of 4 plus hours. My guess is on my daily driver M5 I get around a month and four washes. Remember it is. Ugh easier to apply if you use it frequently. And it is cheap.

8. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've been using it on my F430 for past 6 months and i'm very impressed with the product. You truly don't need to use a lot of the product to get a good result.

9. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    I just made my first purchase. They finally offered free shipping so I decided to give it a try. We'll see.

10. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have been using it for the last month:

First, they need to stop their cheap infomercial spam marketing / advertising / badgering. They hound you with "specials" emails which include a link to unsubscribe that's not active. The cheap tactics almost turned me off before I started.

I did go ahead and purchase the "pro" kit. According to their instructions, I first used the product with a clay bar, and then spent the next few weeks adding more product. It works OK. The gloss is less than a good wax, and has far less filling properties - meaning swirls will not be hidden. After four weeks of using the product, I was surprised this weekend that the paint was not slick, and there was no water beading. I added more and we will see what happens longer term, but my initial impressions are it's less effective and lasts about as long as a spray wax.

So far, I'm not impressed.

11. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    Sorry to hear it is mostly hype and I agree their email marketing is out of control. You should reply to one of the emails and tell them to take you off the email list. Support seems to monitor email or just add them to your blacklist and let email app do the rest. I will try it on one of my black cars and see how it does. Thanks for sharing your results.

12. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I get so many emails from them I have put them in Spam.