Top five drivers NEVER to win F1 WC? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Top five drivers NEVER to win F1 WC?

Discussion in 'F1' started by sjb509, Apr 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    All my choices but one were Ferrari drivers at some point.

- Stirling Moss: No doubt the greatest driver not to win the title. Four times 2nd place and three time 3rd place in the WC

- Gilles Villeneuve: Bravest and most amazing driver ever.

- Jean Alesi: Mr. 120% all the time. Had he joined Wiliams instead of Ferrari would have won a WC

- Carlos Reutemann: Lost out to Piquet inexplicably in Las Vegas '81 after starting from pole position

- Ricardo Rodriguez: At 19 qualified his Ferrari 2nd in his debut GP behind von Trips. Untimely death at age 20

I actualy was surprised to see Coulthard mentioned in someone's list....... I guess he has scored a lot of points

2. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I forgot a ;) in my original post. Thanks for your response. It was an interesting read. I guess the Yoong in the original post set me off :)

Your opinion is as relevant as anyone else's - this is a subjective question that we are all trying to stab at.

My experience with F1 was a only little before yours -80s and beyond. Somehow, compared to the clinical racing of today, the racing in the past truly involved blood, sweat and guts. That's what hooked me to the history of racing. That's what prompted me to read a lot of books/movies about racing to learn more about the racers of yore.

If you want to know more about Nuvolari, Carracciolla and the other truly greats, pls read a book by Ken Purdy - "The Kings of the Road". It is awesome. There was another nice book (whose name I forget now) by Stirling Moss that highlighted some of the older maestros as well. He gives a stirring account of his Mille Miglia race with Denis Jenkinson. There are tons of videos - such as Champions series published by Duke Videos that cover a lot of greats like - Stewart, Moss, Hill, Brabham, etc.

Once you get into the history of F1 there is no turning back.

3. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

1. Me
    2. Me
    3. Me
    4. Me
    5. Me

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    1) Stirling Moss
    2) Gilles Villeneuve