Top Gear: 14x1 | FerrariChat

Top Gear: 14x1

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by karmavore, Nov 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Anyone a little bored by last night's episode?

The super limo thing was cool, but I'm so sick of the Ferrari/Lambo/Aston/Porsche tour of some European county thing. It's seems there's one every season and the cars are always similar.

If they did it in more odd ball cars I'd be fun, but it's always Ferrari/Lambo/Aston/Porsche, Ferrari/Lambo/Aston/Porsche, Ferrari/Lambo/Aston/Porsche <yawn>

2. Fenivision

Fenivision Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Yeah ... it was missing something. I was slightly disappointed ... but the People's Palace was badass ;)

3. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I loved watching it in 1080. More reviews will come with the season... notably the ZR1 :)

4. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    I thought it was cool. But yeah the ones where they just drive around can be a little boring.

Bana was good, the sedans were a little boring. . . average show, but I think it will pick up.

What the heck happened to the Gallardo? Did some guy actually hit it or was that staged too?

5. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Pretty average episode, but nice nevertheless. I agree that the usual supercar tour gets a bit boring, let's see what they come up with in the following episodes. At least they didn't waste 10 minutes on spoiling the whole series with a trailer, I hated that.

I can't really understand the fuzz about the word "Doppelkupplungsgetriebe" :D It's very easy to decipher:

Doppel - Kupplungs - Getriebe
    Double - Clutch - Gearbox

6. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    The confusion didn't look staged, especially considering how the locals looked.

7. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    ... vs the Audi R8 V10.

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Great episode, watched it on youtube. :)

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How can you be bored by Ferrari/Lambo/Aston travelling in Europe and in some very unusual places ????

10. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I couldn't disagree more. It's an entertainment programme, so expect to see the big names there. They devote more time to oddball cars than any other show I can think of. One season they devoted the major feature to the Renault Avantime FFS!

11. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Because they do it once a season. I'd get bored of Shakira too... eventually.

12. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Well, you deserve a ban ;)

I love when it shows one kid write John Cena and a <3 it was hilarious.