Top Gear back on tonight - New series | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Top Gear back on tonight - New series

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hud, Oct 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Clarksons problem is he enjoys commenting for "shock value". So people remember him.

My one memory of him was on his tour of Italy (Bugatti,Lamborghini & Ferrari). He reffered to himself as the "Worlds biggest Ferrari Fan". Then he stated "Ferrari haven't always got it right, the old Testarossa was a dog and the Mondial looked like its dinner". Any true fan would love them all for what they are.

2. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
  3. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Really enjoyed tonights - loved the cars and the roads...

Hari you dark horse!!!!!!!!

wow, thats pretty cool getting your car on Top Gear!

Seing the Stelvio brought back fond memories..........soooo want to go back next year.

N24 looked like a mare, no wonder they've had no takers for road cars!!!!

4. Radders

Radders Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    was great to see the Stelvio and the amazing scenery it features, i missed it all when i was there through a combination of going too fast and busy looking for you in my rear view mirror :)

5. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I think you'll find the only thing in your mirror was the view of a fly that had hit your back window.:)

Didn't you hear us singing to you "Three wheels on my wagon....and i keep rolling along" :D:D

6. Pransingh Horse

Pransingh Horse Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    I love that show--I just watched the last episode from the (last season?) the season that starts with hamster's rocket car crash/recovery

it's a shame that we don't get it over here in Canada the same time as you folks in the UK do..

P.S. I am the STIG

7. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I can't really agree with that last statement. A fan is entitled to express an honest opinion and if he thinks they got something wrong he was right to say so (although he might have phrased it a bit more kindly!). To love something that's bad just because it's a Ferrari smacks of sycophancy.

8. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    All I know is that he fell out with the FOC big time over something he did or said - and Ferrari UK didn't seem to keen either. But that was last year.

9. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name:
    Sean
    He was kicked off a FOC track day for driving like a nipple if I remember correctly

10. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Al, can't agree with you there.Wether you like the cars or not, MG Rover was a major part of British motoring history and it's loss should be mourned.Also not forgetting the thousands that lost their jobs when it closed.

11. ZeEN

ZeEN Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2007
    Turkey
    Full Name:
    Eren
    F430 scuderia ?

12. alsaautomotive

alsaautomotive Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2005
    Wales, UK.
    Full Name:
    Al
    I appreciate where you are coming from Steve, but personally I would not like to have seen it kept alive (again) by Govt handouts. Let's be honest - the build quality of the cars was awful & they weren't selling.
    I saw so many rose tinted reports around the time that Rover was a quality marque etc, etc that someone like Clarkson coming out & being honest about it could have backfired badly on him, but I think we all knew that it had become an untenable company.
    We've all seen many businesses go under over the years, should they all have been kept alive because they were an integral part of what made Britain great? If the great unwashed had wanted to buy Rovers then they would still be making 'em.
    Cheers, Al.

13. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Al, I wasn't really refering to the politics behind the demise more to the fact that you were happy about it.Like I said thousands lost their livelyhoods, not something to be happy about.

And IMO the goverment should have stepped in to keep it alive, just like Rolls Royce should never have been allowed to go out of British hands, just like Concorde should have been kept flying.And Clarkeson wasn't being honest, he was just being controversial.

Even from the days of British Leyland, they had some good models, they also had some bad ones but what maufacturer didn't.The biggest mistake was letting British Aerospace sell it off to BMW in 1994, who the proceeded to rape it for everything it could.Don't forget at that time it included Land Rover, BMW didn't have a 4x4, after a time BM sold Land Rover and the surprise surprise it brought out the X5.BM still own the rights to some famous names in British Motoring history including Triumph.

14. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Do you think anyone is capable of getting the brand back on its feet and back to its former glory? Cant see the Chinese doing it in all honesty. Shame about its demise........i thought in 91,92,93 they were doing some nice models...I liked the 220 coupe at the time and also the 216 cabriolet/GTI, i thought sales were pretty healthy :confused: Even had a 216 Cab in Caribbean blue myself :)

15. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    I would love to see someone reserect the TR brand (but the models before the TR7 and 8. The GT6 and earlier Spitfires were great fun cars. What was the Wolsey VP that had the big V6 or V8 in the 70s? Forgetting the Maxi and the Princess of course! I loved the Cambridge, if I remember right we used a Cambridge motor in a stock car back in the 80s. I only raced it once at Wimbledon and got stuffed out pretty early, but it was a quick car!
    I never liked the MGB, or Midget, but I guess that was because I like Triumph. I think it all went down hill when they strated using Honda bits.