Top Gear review of Gallardo and Murcielago | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Top Gear review of Gallardo and Murcielago

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by rico, Nov 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Allan, I don't recall seeing anyone directly comparing the Gallardo to the Murci. We are simply pointing out that Lambo hit the mark with the Murci, it's a great car. But unfortunately, many of us feel that they missed the mark with the Gallardo. Making those statements is not comparing the cars.

2. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    They tested the lambo and the zonda on the same day.. so if the conditions were not right for the lambo... then they are not right for the zonda.

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Track was wet for the Murci, not the Zonda.

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  5. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I will have to watch it again. I recall them saying the Murci was faster in the corners, but not on the straights.

I love the zonda, but I think they need to give the Zonda a little more power. 550HP out of a 7.0L engine isn't exactly stellar HP/L. (78.57).

If they could get 90HP/L (like my 11 year old NSX) that thing would be blazingly fast.

6. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia

I have always said that with another 100bhp the Zonda would be unbeatable. I have always said the that engine is only mildly worked, a 7.3V12. AMG was getting 7??bhp in that most recent CLK GTR Roadster top.

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hey dont get me wrong! I love the Zonda and would take one over a Murcielago.

8. Rodan

Rodan Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    Gentlemen,

This is another place to check out the new (and any upcoming) Top Gear shows:

http://5thgear.viper007bond.com/

2nd post! Woohoo! I've been lurking in FC for months, but thought maybe I should start posting. Love the exotics.

Enjoy the videos!

9. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I think of the Gallardo in this way:
    Is it an amazing car? Yes.
    Is it a Ferrari? No.
    Is it supposed to be a Ferrari?No.
    Lamborghinis have almost always been mostly about performance, while Ferraris have been about passion.
    I think what it boils down to here is personal preference.
    This may not be like comparing apples to oranges, but its like two VERY different apples.

The Zonda is more interesting to me than a Murcielago. Its styling is a bit "out-there" when compared to the consevative Murcielago. But then again the Murci is only "conservative" when compared to past lambos.
    Im just gonna stop before I confuse myself...

10. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I just watched it again. The track conditions were the same. In total dry, the Zonda would easily beat the lambo.

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I dont think so. The Zonda may have more speed in the straights but the Murci has much more speeds through the corners.

12. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Guess there is only one way to find out...

You bring the lambo, I'll bring the Zonda... :)

By the way Allan... latest rumor on nsx is a 3.6 L 450HP V6. Now that would be incredible.

13. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA

Dude, what do you mean, you "don't think so?" When they were tested under the same conditions, the Zonda was quicker, pure and simple. And Clarkson's response to your theory that the Zonda must have just been so much quicker in the straights that it made up for its lack in the corners. You can't just throw out these theories about what's faster than what when two cars are tested under the same conditions, and the Murci didn't beat it.

Of course, the Murci is cheaper... and we can get it in the U.S. :)

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

I heard that rumour, but i also heard it from an unreliable source.

I think both the Murci and the Zonda are awesome, so i wont argue which is faster when we obviously cant race them.