Top screen rubber | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Top screen rubber

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dutchman, Mar 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    I just ordered my top seal. Yea and a big Thank you to Andy for doing this. This was an area of concern since I planned on keeping my 328 for a long time. Mine is ok now but down the road it would have needed repair.
    If I want to keep this for a few years what is the best storage recommendations . In a large tupperware tub, what if any protective products to put on it while in storage. Any ideas on best way to store and protect till I need it. Thanks

2. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    I dont think there would be any special storage requirements.
    The reason these get in poor condition is owing to the roof being slid on and off, and also if left on, and in the sun, the roof can glue itself to the seal and then it gets ripped when removing it.
    The most important thing is looking after the seal when its fitted. It needs to be coated with silicone grease such as this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SERVISOL-200002000-50GM-Silicone-Grease/dp/9790804377/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338360333&sr=8-4
    The roof pins can also be coated with this. Many people use Vaseline which is incorrect.

About fitting, although it can be fitted completely "dry", I used black RTV in the corner areas between the seal and body, and also on the end faces which abut to the vertical door seals. This holds the seal more firmly when the roof is being removed/replaced. After applying the RTV and fitting the seal, close the doors to position it and leave to set.

3. robbie

robbie F1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Your web page says out of stock. True? If so, when is another batch scheduled? thanks.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I am curious too

5. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    As I mentioned in post #149 I will be adding stock each Monday AM

6. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    I still have some of these in stock. I have posted an ad on Ferrariads, so wont update on this thread again.