Top Speed Saturday | FerrariChat

Top Speed Saturday

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Lanikai, Aug 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Join fellow Ferrari enthusiasts for our first Top Speed Saturday at Ferrari of Atlanta. We start this Saturday, at 9am and will host cars and fellow Ferraristi here until 1pm, or when it's over. A food truck, tech talk by Thomas McKellar, F1 rebroadcast and some pretty red cars will be part of the days festivities. Bring your Ferrari and enjoy your Saturday FoA style.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I've already RSVP'ed. The chance of thunderstorms goes up sharply after 1 PM, so it's a good thing you're starting early.

3. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Will be there but bringing the Formula Continental to add some class to this event!! :D:D:p

4. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Will I am bringing the 360, do you want me to bring the Fiat also?

5. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Hi Andy, that would be awesome. Thanks for joining us.
    Hey Brian, glad you will be here!

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I signed up through eventbrite, i'm a maybe, though.

sjd

8. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I did see the other photos, thanks Jim.

9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Couldn't stay long, but great time today! Nice show! Great to see everyone!

sjd

10. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Had my 3 year old with me so left the 458 at home but weather was great, nice display of cars, good parking, and not crowded. Well done.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Inside the building, a couple of the supercars had been brought up from downstairs, and a racing simulator was available for use. Harold was running the boutique for anyone who wanted to buy. Out front their latest Challenge car was on display.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    A few of the Ferraris that people displayed, including my own, and a nice Jaguar. Brian Willis brought his Formula Continental racer. Does anyone know the name of the cream color on the 458 in the 4th photo? It reminds me of the interior color my 328 had when I first bought the car!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  16. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    HI Jim, thanks for your photos and for spending your morning with us. Great turnout for a first time event so we will continue to do these through the Fall and then again in the Spring on the second Saturday of the month. We appreciate all the support we got from the local car crowd. We had some people come all the way from Alabama and Mississippi. That was a neat surprise!

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I had mentioned the event on the Carolinas forum, but they had their big event at the Biltmore this weekend. Maybe next month?

18. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Actually, I was at that event as a sponsor. We were spread a little thin this weekend so I am very proud of our team for making Top Speed Saturday a winner. Biltmore was fun and the collection was, as always very special.

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The crepes vendor was excellent, but I think they cheated themselves out of some lunch business by only listing breakfast crepes on their board. They had a lunch selection; I had a very good turkey, swiss & ranch crepe. Two food vendors, one of which can serve breakfast, is probably the right number.

20. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Good to know. We will probably change it up next month to keep the food interesting.

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Two of my favorite local food trucks are Flatbread Bistro and The French Truck. You can probably find them via a web search.