Touch Up Paint REMOVAL | FerrariChat

Touch Up Paint REMOVAL

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by PaulK, Aug 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Howdy,

Does anyone here know a safe and effective way to remove touch up paint? The dealer gave me a bottle as it was just lying around (it was free) but it is a darker color than my Rosso Corsa and it drives me nuts.

I'd like to get Dr. Color Chip but first, I gotta remove this stuff. Any good way of doing it? This may freak you guys out but I was thinking of taking a small dental pick and plucking the blobs off. Or is that a bad idea? Anyone have any good ways of removing the touch up paint without messing up the real paint? Thanks in advance.

2. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
  3. S-T48

S-T48 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Try clay bar.

4. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    There is a product called Langka that is meant to fix blobs of touch up paint. It is basically a solvent and will remove the touch up paint.

5. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
  6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    If you are talking about your 95 355, it has a two stage, catalyzed paint on it. The touch-up paint is mostly likely just lacquer. You can use lacquer thinner to remove the touch-up paint and it will not effect the original paint. Of course, always test on an inconspicuous spot.