Toughest state in the union? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Toughest state in the union?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darth550, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    L.A. Pigs are the worst bigots in the city.

The "toughest" Homies of California aren't in L.A., though. When it comes right down to it, when urban boys/men move inland to Central CA (where I'm from) they're flabbergasted by the audacity of rural boys/men rather than the falsely presumed vice-versa equation. How do I put it simply... L.A. types are more "proper" while Rural have rude, crude 'tudes... and gun racks in their truck rear windows, spare guns under the seat, in the glove box and trunk, undeniably bored and looking for something or somebody to kill...

2. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

Not so sure about TX being the toughest state. They are currently being invaded from south of the border, and their former governor wants to make it a legal invasion. I voted for Bush in 2000 and will again in 2004, but amnesty is wrong.

I will of course bring up the big MO as the toughest state. Which state would you dread crossing as an invading army? I think I'm the only one in my town that does not own some sort of firearm. There are people that live in the boonies that literally come to town once a year, for the county fair, no joke. You know they have an arsenal in their basement, some probably want to destroy our current government, not to mention any invading army. MO don't like NO one around them: Flatlanders (KS & IL), Yankees (all states of I-70), as well as those unfortunate souls south of the border in Arkansas, Tennessee, and Oklahoma.

MO may be tough, but not very smart sometimes (that is a bad combination). At least most states collective electoral intelligence knows to elect an actual living person the the US Senate, unlike we did in 2000. What a fun thread.

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    After turning the American Revolution into a shooting war at Lexington and Concord, the people of Massachusetts took to shooting at their own governor in the Farmer's Revolt.

Those people don't get along with anybody. ;)

4. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.

Yeah, Out here you've got the homies, vatos', azn boyz. kkk power! They'll kill you! They don't care if they go to jail/prison.

Few days ago cop got shot and killed after responding to a disturbance call. About few weeks ago some guy robbed a liquor store and shot a person pointblank who was just buying a lotto ticket. That was cold blooded I tell you. 2 days ago some guys robbed a bank and threw a 75 old lady on the floor, shes now in critical condition. What about the guy in anihiem who fired like 10 rounds on a lady at a gas station and when he was leaving in his truck, he fired some more rounds. And how about those police chases guys. Damn, there has been a lot lately. Too many crimes out here. Our jails are packed.

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I heard recently that Boston, the center of the emancipation movement, is currently listed somewhere as one of the 'most unfriendly' cities for black people. But if you talk to your grandfather I'm sure you'll hear (or see) that many people were racist even until recently, or still are...

As much as our national past-times of hockey and outdoors activities - and even our historical performance in WWI and II - show Canadians as tough guys, I'd say this current generation is a bunch of softies. Our country can't even take jokes from a rude dog puppet.

If there were a war, we'd send in our couple thousand troops and dozen tanks, but the 70% Liberal population (guess) would cry and protest and sing John Lennon songs, wishing they could buy the world a Coke and dance on a grassy knoll. Let's face it, Canada's so broke and disinterested in military they couldn't get a heck of a lot done. I just hope Canada's wake up call isn't to 9-11 scale.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    How many other places in the country will there be a FCA event with 20 people attending and 50% are packing! :)

8. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Texas has to win

Due to size, population, attitude and the fact you can see little old ladies opening their purse at starbucks to get their money and they have to move the beretta out of the way and no one bats an eye....

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Typical New Yorker's answer!

DL

10. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Have to vote Texas. Everyone has at least one gun and most have more. They carry knives (Crocodile Dundee type) and put up with no crap. A Texan is nice to you until you cross them. Then there is not a lot of mouthing, just a finish.

Last year in Irving some teens walked a ticket at a local Bennigans. The waitress ran outside to get the license number of the car. They ran into her, knocking her onto the hood and driving off. She fell off and died. They showed no remorse.

A man broke into the house of an 80 year old woman to rob her and demanded her wedding rings. She could not get them off so he cut off her finger to get the rings. This happened a couple of years ago. She died recently.

A woman hit a man while high and lodged him into the windshield of her car. He was still alive (barely) but she drove home, parked in the garage and left him in her windshield to die. She went to trial a few months ago.

Lets remember the Branch Davidians and the Janet Reno debaucle.
    Several groups of survivalists who have their own compounds in the badlands of West Texas.

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, go blow it out yer ass...!

Seriously, NY would take any state, any day, any time... The numbers alone are enough to overwhelm most of the other states... We've got over 7 million people on an island that's 3 miles wide... They don't call it the capital of the world for nothing... i could definitely see us having trouble with DC, Detroit, Texas and parts of California but that's it... i think there's more people on Long Island alone than in the entire state of New Mexico... And if we can't kick your ass, we'll tax it to death; sales tax, income tax, water tax, property tax, non-tax - we've got it all...

Why do you think NJ is so close to NY...? You think it just happened that way...? LOL... Of course not...! They WANTED to be close to NY so they could talk a lot of smack and get away with it... My state will beat up your state... Anyday, anytime, anywhere.

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I have some black freinds who look at me funny when I say how nice Boston is. Odd because Boston certainly has its share of black people. Maybe the Irish dont like Africans or something

13. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Your little $24 battlefield couldn't fight it's way out a wet paper bag without a lawyer! I'll pit Wall St. against Compton Bl. any day of the week!

AK47s v. Montblanc pens, lets go!

DL

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It would be an uppity Californian to say something like that... Don't you know that the pen is mightier than the sword...? Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Your Comptonites might gun down our suits, but NY has more concealed weapons than a Texas baseball game... i should know, i've seen plenty of them; up close and personal... (a little too up close in most cases)... You bring your Bs & Cs, we've got more than enough to check and checkmate you... i don't know if going into the whole criminal aspect of NY is the best idea, but on the other hand - do i even have to...? :)

See you in court, biatch...

15. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #40 writerguy, Feb 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You know...that is just like a McCoy to bring a sword to a machine gun fight!

DL (Hatfield)

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Only a New Yorker could bring a sword to a gun fight and still emerge the victor... :)

18. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    weeeeeaaaaakkkkkkkkkkk

DL

19. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL... & the Hatfield/McCoy reference WASN'T...? Just like a Californian to make a weak joke, wait for someone to retort and then accuse them of sparring with a weak retort...

You're jealous that NY rules supreme and i understand that; but it's okay... There are other things in life that you can focus on... No need to consume yourself with a Californian inferiority complex... Really... :)

20. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Ever heard of a little place called the South Bronx? No sunshine and palm trees there my friend.

21. Il'inglese

Il'inglese Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    The actual answer gentlemen is Hawaii. Polynesian culture is very much based on might makes right. The "Locals" are big, mean and very much like to fight. Throw in a bunch of Marines and Navy Seamen on leave and you would wish you did not stray from your hotel. Per capita - the crime, violence and lovers quarrels are twice that of TX, LA or NYC.

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yea, but the babes look good in those flowers! Aloha.

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i remember when i was 15 (seems like so long ago) i was um, living, in the South Bronx at the time... Was hanging out in the park with some friends; sitting there on a park bench, we watched one car pull up to another at a red light; from the passenger side window descended an AK-47 (or some other long, automatic assault weapon) right into the driver's side window... A watch, a wallet and something else quickly went from the driver's side window of the second car to the passenger's side window of the car with the gun... Those were the days...

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yeah, but what's the population of Hawaii...? Normally i wouldn't advocate quantity over quality but, as the saying goes, never under estimate stupid people in large numbers...

25. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Probably a Met fan trading a bat for Reggie Jackson rookie card....BIG DEAL!!!!

DL