Towbin breaks ground on new showroom | FerrariChat

Towbin breaks ground on new showroom

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TheMayor, Oct 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #2 ryalex, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Good news. I agree with the people who say the biggest concern is really that the service area needs more indoor storage or at least awning/tent covered parking for all of the vehicles left for service. That was a great thing about the Wynn location, all that underground parking for the vehicles meant they were relatively cool and safe.

Why didn't they just buy the Gaudin Porsche/Aston/Jag dealer building that is now sitting empty two miles up Sahara and put Ferrari/Maserati there? It's a Tuscan/Mediterranean-look marble dealership building. I don't get what they're saying about "Italian design" building when the building already has a nice modern style sales area from Aston/Bentley/RR.

Also, I have to assume those sales figures are for new cars only, and I'm a little shocked they're only claiming to sell two Astons a month. I would figure they'd be moving a lot of Vantages on their lease offers.

3. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    That's a good building and would have been a great layout for an Italian car showroom. My family use to go to the Church next door. You wouldn't believe how hard the church fought against Gaudin building that dealership. It was pretty nuts.

Mark

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    You're right, I probably would not believe it, since that church is located in the middle of Las Vegas' three-mile dealership row, I can't imagine what they expected to be built beside them!

5. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface

Who knows, but they were worried about "certain elements" it would bring around the church. What they meant by that, I'll never understand. It was high end Porsche/Jag dealer. They use to park some serious metal out front. I never saw anyone there who didn't look like an upstanding member of the community. I mean, I'm pretty confident members of the church were there biggest customers if the parking lot on Sunday morning was any indication.

Mark