Toyota decision made...... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Toyota decision made......

Discussion in 'F1' started by Wolfgang5150, Nov 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Pretty wild vs what they cost.

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I wonder how much work it would take to fit those wheels to my wife's Honda?
    :)

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht

No, that site has been up for a long time and nobody has been able to buy anything there or get in contact with the people in charge to order by phone.

That site is unrelated to the recent announcement that they are withdrawing.

4. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    ahh, thanks, I wasn't aware..I don't spend much time on here anymore and someone e-mailed it to me this morning.. thought I'd pass on to the appropriate section here in case it interested anyone..

what's that saying about if something appears too good to be true?

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #80 tifosi12, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    Actually according to a report I read today, they're gone and so is their spot on the grid. Sauber is virtually assured the 13th grid spot. It is now only a matter of days until the FIA will make that announcement.

Toyota's equipment might be bought by a newbie team, but their spot is gone.

Sauber doesn't need to merge with anybody.

+1

IMHO the only valuable item USF1 had, was their grid slot. Now with Sauber covered, that slot has lost its value to almost zero. If Renault drops, then it will be zero and an announcement from USF1 to call it quits following shortly. Just my 2 pennies.

6. Darkhorse575

Darkhorse575 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I'm not happy that F1 lost another team but...
    ...has anyone noticed that Toyota for 9 seasons has been a black hole for F1 careers?

Salo
    McNish
    Zonta
    Panis
    Da Matta
    R. Schumacher
    and at the moment Trulli, Glock and Koby don't have 2010 deals?

"Once you join this family there aint no gettin out."

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    It's fair to say besides Salo maybe, the rest are pretty much crappy drivers. Only Glock and Koby seem sto stand out there in the pack.

8. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I know somebody who won't be very happy with you....;)

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #84 tifosi12, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    Actually most of them are crap drivers, including Salo.

Which is why most of them ended up in Le Mans racing and DTM.

PS: I've met Salo in person and he is a great guy and I'm proud to have a F1 car model signed by him, but let's be realistic here about talent.

Carol?

Isobel, your new avatar, looks almost like you're standing at Canada corner at RA. But I think it is not, right?

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D ;)

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Toyota has made a courageous but brave decision.

From a purely sporting point of view, their foray into F1 was a complete failure. It was better to pull the plug.

There were plenty of resources, but no sense of purpose.

A F1 team cannot be run by concensus like a Japanese corporation: you need forcefull individuals, and no 'salary-men'.

Every time Toyota had someone breaking the company's rules, he was spat out like an undesirable. Toyota lost a few talents like that.

The conclusion is that they were just not cut for the job, entered F1 with excessive naivety, the wrong management structure and probably too much money.

12. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Bingo for both!

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tadaa!

During my 3 day Skip Barber class at RA I crashed just after the Toyota bridge. Bent the front suspension and lost my nose. Anyway, the car was driveable and so they told me to drive it back to the pits. After a few corners it felt so good to me again, that I completely forgot what happened. Then I braked hard for Canada corner and all went well. Until I arrived back at the pits where they gave me a mouthful. Not for the accident, but for going full speed into Canada corner with a car whose state was unknown. I felt really dumb at that point. :)

14. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Hijack alert!
    Friends in Wis. invited me to RA to watch the first SCCA Runoffs to be held at the legendary track. The photo is from a T1 race I enjoyed thoroughly. The pole sitting 430 was smoked in the initial laps by a C6 and Viper, then made good by getting around both for the win. Lovely track and everyone there was polite and extremely friendly. Reminded me of home, LOL ;)