Toys for Tots - Alpharetta, GA Saturday Dec 12th | FerrariChat

Toys for Tots - Alpharetta, GA Saturday Dec 12th

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Rumrunner, Nov 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    #1 Rumrunner, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Come on out we hope to see lots of you folks with toys for the children, you can bring the toys and not be in the show if you do not wish to.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    #2 Rumrunner, Nov 30, 2009
    In honor of the US Marine Corps we have a bear in US Marine Corps Dress Blues. Every detail of the dress blues uniform reflects the proud legacy of Marines who have served for more than two centuries:

The buttons featuring the eagle and anchor have been on the uniform since 1804, making them the oldest military insignia in continued use.

The "blood stripe" runs down each trouser leg of the dress blues worn by noncommissioned officers, staff noncommissioned officers and officers. The solid red stripe became part of the uniform in 1849. Today, it serves to honor the memory of fallen comrades.

The collar of today’s dress blues reflects the original Marine uniform of the American Revolution, which had a high leather neck to help protect Marines from sword blows.

Because it embodies Marine Corps history, rigorous standards apply to wearing this uniform and every Marine upholds those standards with pride.

So come on out and bid on the Bear on the 12th of December the Bear will be there, we will be there, the spirit will be there, now we need you.

We also have for the Silent Auction with ALL the money going to Toys for Tots, a assorted pack of fine cigars, a HoneyBaked Ham, a Ruth Chris Steakhouse Certificate, and there will be more.

Remember, this is ALL for the kids that are not as fortunate as we all are.

One of the items we have for the Silent Auction will be:

3. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    Silent Auction Items !!!
    In addition to the Marine bear above we also have an assorted pack of fine cigars, a HoneyBaked Ham, a Ruth Chris Steakhouse Certificate, and there will be more.
    Added items.....
    Hooters signed T-Shirt and Calendar, The T4T Marine Bear, Pleasures Salon Gift Certificate for a Facial, and a Tilted Kilt Calendar and Gift Card.

As we have done for the past 5 years ALL the money going to Toys for Tots, remember this is ALL for the kids that are not as fortunate as we all are.

Please register at [email protected] and we will see you all there on December 12th !!!!!!!

Mark
    (aka Rumrunner)

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #4 Gatorrari, Dec 14, 2009
    In spite of the frigidity and the threat of later rain, it was a good turnout of cars. Of course, the majority were Corvettes, as this had at one time been an all-Corvette show, and in fact there were separate awards for each of the 6 generations of 'Vettes.

Most were obviously recent C5 and C6 cars, but I preferred the single examples of the first two generations, from 1957 and 1963.

Later I'll post photos of some of the other cars in attendance, which also represented Britain and Germany, as well as Sant'Agata Bolognese......

5. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Good to see people made it to the event. (I could not, as I was assisting/instructing at a Teen Street Survival event that day. Brrrrrrrr.....and wet.......and Brrrrrrrr)

BobR

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #6 Gatorrari, Dec 15, 2009
    Aside from the Corvettes, a Dodge club showed up with a herd of Chargers and Magnums. (What, no Super Bees?)

And eventually the lineup of which my 328 was a part looked like a scene out of "Supercars Exposed": a Cadillac XLR-V, a Porsche 996 C4S, a Lotus Esprit V-8, and a Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster! And to think that two of these cars even had all-wheel-drive.

If you're wondering why all those people are gathered around the back of the Diablo: remember, it was cold out, and Doug kept the engine running for awhile, making the Lamborghini the world's most expensive hand warmer!

As you can see, taking the roof off was definitely a two-man job, and with the roof stowed over the engine, the rear vision from the cockpit goes from minimal to non-existent. Reminds me of Raul Julia's quote from "The Gumball Rally":

"The first rule of Italian driving: what's behind me is not important!"

7. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    Jim great pictures, thanks for coming out and participating, we hope you enjoyed the day despite the cold. We collected far more toys this year then last and you guys were a part of it.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #8 Gatorrari, Dec 17, 2009
    Last set, starting with a look at the carbon-fiber airfoils on the Diablo's wiper blade, a necessary evil on a car that can go 202 MPH! Also, a couple of heavy Chevys, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Corvette, a 2010 Grand Sport (owned by the same couple who also had the XLR-V), and a rather colorful 911 Turbo.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #9 Gatorrari, Dec 17, 2009
  10. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Nice pictures as always, Jim. I don't know about anyone else but I HATE those reindeer antlers that people are putting on their cars, I can't believe someone put them on a Corvette. Nice to see the Grand Sport's are out and about too.