TPMS Reset Driving Me Nuts! | FerrariChat

TPMS Reset Driving Me Nuts!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Dec 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Howdy, boys and girls! As the title says, I am having issues getting my TPMS sensor to reset.

I got in my car the other day, and the tires were low due to the weather being cold. So I aired them up, and my sensor is still on.

I tried putting the car in park and resetting it, comes back on. I tried turning the car off and putting the key in position 3 and doing it, the same thing.

Any advice on this one?

2. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
  3. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Try setting tpms calibration mode and then, immediately drive 3-5 miles at highway speeds, that should resolve as long as the pressures are at or a little above spec.

tomc and russellmcg like this.
  4. kd126500

kd126500 Rookie

Jan 5, 2021
    Just went though the same issue due to the cold weather. After reading the forums, I raised the tire pressure to 40 lbs then went though the reset process. Of course it didn't work but when I reduce the pressures to the correct PSI and did the reset again, when I drove off the system reset itself. Who knows but it worked.

Bill Phillips likes this.
  5. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Set the pressures cold and then do the calibration at every opportunity. Before starting. Before shutting down. Before the next start. I did it about two dozen times and finally it calibrated. My wheels were removed for machine polishing and the system wouldn't calibrate when everything was back together. Italian electronics.