TPMS reset F12 Berlinetta | FerrariChat

TPMS reset F12 Berlinetta

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Andrew Honychurch, May 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew Honychurch

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndrewH
    I have just had a tyre changed and now I have a TPMS non calibrated. I have read the instructions for resetting this, but I cannot access the Menu on the left hand control and TFT. It says in the book that it has to be on Key position 11 to access menu, but it simply will not work. Anyone got any ideas before I take it back to Maranello ?

2. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    It's not straightforward. Not sure if it helps, but: remember that the engine has to be off. Also, the "execute calibration" is in the menu of "car setup"

3. Andrew Honychurch

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndrewH
    Thanks for the reply. I have set the ignition to position 2 with engine off and it will not let me access setup menu. I think it may be a gremlin unless there is something I am not doing correctly,

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You might have to let the car "reset" or "recycle" its systems. Park and lock the car and give it about 10-15 minutes. All the screens should go off. I've redone the TPMS Calibration on my car a few times when I change the pressures for different seasons. It does work.

5. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The engine doesn't have to be off, but you cannot be moving. If there are any warning messages displayed you cannot access the menu. So if you are parked too close to something and the parking sensor is activated you cannot access the menu. Drive out of your garage to the middle of a parking lot. Make sure all doors are closed and no other messages are on the display and you should be able to access the menu.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Andrew Honychurch

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndrewH
    ok, well the warning message is the TMPS non calibrated! I shall keep trying or its back to the dealer I guess. Pretty frustrating. thanks though

7. Andrew Honychurch

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndrewH
    ok, sorted. IN the interest of helping others. The reason it would not allow access to the main menu was because of the front parking sensors being active. If you press the parking sensor button in the roof it takes them away allowing you to reset TPMS. I was then able to change the ammount of time the parking sensors came on as they were always on in traffic which was driving me mad. Also then when resetting the TPMS best drive it right away as it doesn't reboot until you do. thanks for all the help with this guys.

8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Good to hear you have it sorted out.

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Wait, the buttons on the roof control the parking sensors? Great tip.

10. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Hi, I need help.

I have a 2017 F12. I just put aftermarket wheels and put TPMS sensors on the wheels that I had on my 2013 458. Before installing them I contacted my dealer and they confirmed that sensors that work with the 458 will work with a F12.

I put the wheels on and drive the car about 9 miles...They seemed to be working because it was showing inflation and temps. Then today the light comes up on the TFT and I try to calibrate. I read everything in the manual and this thread and it doesn't seem to be working. I hit the calibrate button and nothing happens. I start the car and it says: TPMS temporarily inactive. I hit calibrate again, the message goes away after a few seconds, and it doesn't appear to link.

Any insight would be appreciated.

11. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    I've just had to do this. The instructions are correct. Engine off, key 2nd position, make sure parking sensors aren't on or set to come on under 6mph, left menu under settings very last one under service, activate calibration.

What people haven't mentioned is if one of your tires are low the calibration will fail. Make sure you fill up before trying this I believe it almost needs a change in pressure to work.

After activation start car like normal and drive off like normal it should disappear within a few miles not like 10 min literally like 2 minutes good luck.

12. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I have had exactly the same problem and spent days driving around trying to make them reset.
    It turned out to be the new aftermarket sensors that would not work even though the tyre dept. said they would and calibrated them to suit my car.
    I bought new ones from Ferrari and it reset in 200 yards.
    It could be your 2013 batteries are dead, even if they are not dead 8 year old batteries won't last long, or the sensors are not as compatible as your dealer implied.