TR: Anyone Buy Coils Recently? | FerrariChat

TR: Anyone Buy Coils Recently?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by xplodee, Jun 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hey All-

Spent the better part of my day trouble shooting a sudden **** running condition problem. Turned out to be one of my coils, modules seem ok.

I’m going to replace both since I’d rather just do that. Has anyone bought new coils recently and had good luck? If so which part number did you pursue? Mine is a 1987 so the wiring harness is for the older style coil with two two-pin connections for the transformer versus later style which has a single 4-pin connector. F113A040 engine (if that matters).

I’ve looked through the cross thread but there are so many acceptable part numbers from so many different suppliers over the years, I’m looking for info from someone that has bought recently, if possible.

Thank you!

Tim

2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Ok update to my own thread:

I bought two Prenco W01331614576PRN (search W0133-1614576) coils off of Amazon for $54/ea including shipping.

I also bought two RareElectrical XM631*4 (search XM631) modules off of Amazon for $43/ea including shipping.

Based on my research from this thread, these are the appropriate parts: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/testarossa-coil-and-module-thread.279017/

I bought new modules and coils because why not? Its $180 shipped and will allow me to establish a baseline for when these parts were most recently replaced.

T

3. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Thanks for the recent purchase info!

4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017