TR with 360 wheels! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

TR with 360 wheels!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Auraraptor, Apr 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

What's all this talk about "updating" the look....making it more "modern" ...hmmm? A TR/ Testarossa is well...a Testarossa ! It is what it is for it's time in history. I love my 91 Testarossa and it doesn't need to be modernized. (lowered, 512M lights etc...)

I will agree about the wheels and tires though. Quality tires are impossible to find in 16" now. I am also looking for a future replacement when my tires wear out.

I personally don't like the 360 wheels on the TR... IMHO. I did see a pic of someone who put 360 modular wheels on his Testarossa....that really suited the car. For myself, after seeing so many wheel combos out there, I still keep coming back to the 512 TR wheels....nice clean lines, large open spoke (read...easy to clean :) ) ...and not because it "updates" the car....just like the lines. The 512TR speciale rims are nice but it makes the openings smaller. ....512M rims...not my cup of tea. :)

But...as I always say, each to his/her own. Do what makes you happy. ....It's not like you painted the car purple with a grey altaclara (sorry for the spelling) interior. :)

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

2. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I hear you Shamile....I too think the 512TR wheels look the best on TRs. I have 360 wheels on my car now and do think it modernizes the look quite a bit. But if I could afford it...I would definately have 512TR wheels on the car. Too bad somebody out there wouldn't want to trade their 512 wheels for 360 wheels....? Anyone.....Anyone.......Beuller......Beuller...?

3. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    I'm not getting the picture Wolfgang posted. Anyone else having that same problem?

4. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    i don't see any pic either - trying to recall what the M wheels look like......

5. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Nice paint. Looks to be some weird shade of blue!;)

6. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    Shamile
    "I did see a pic of someone who put 360 modular wheels on his Testarossa....that really suited the car"
    Do you happen to have a pic of the car you are talking about? Love to see it. Thanks
    Emery

Do you mean these? Duh!
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163374