Track/DE/Race Car Rental for Laguna Seca | FerrariChat

Track/DE/Race Car Rental for Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by BigHead, Sep 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    A good friend of mine is looking for a track car rental that he can use at Laguna Seca for a track day. Anyone got any leads? According to him, "Not too picky as long as it is a fun drive. Spec Miata, E30, Lotus or even a Nascar truck." May need two, if available.

Thanks!

Vty,

--Dennis

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    might be a long shot but try Skip Barber? they have loads of Miatas, Lexus IS, etc at LS and obviously aren't using them if a different group has rented the track that day.

3. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    Hey Dennis,

Does your friend have any experience or would be comfortable with open cockpit/closed wheel sports racers? Kevin Mitz runs a race shop in the Bay Area, specializing on sports racers. Here is a link to a car he is selling, and his contact info is there too.

West Still For Sale in For Sale: Cars Forum

P.S. I've returned to the fold, but in Florida now.

4. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Thanks, guys!

Keep the suggestions coming, grazie.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I know about 12 years ago I talked to someone renting SRX7's and SM's for Laguna, I never did it though. These days I would probably go the SM route.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    most of the people in NorCal who rent race cars like that are either at Sonoma or Thunderhill (which adds costs and/or logistics problems), but might be worth a call.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I remember that about this team too, but I was looking to race and they were going to be at the Laguna race anyway.

8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
  9. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Talk to Larry Oka at Larry Oka Racing Services. His website is Larry OKA Racing Services. Larry has been providing arrive-and-drive rentals for at least 25 years. I raced in both the SCCA Southern Pacific and Golden Gate Region back in the early 1990s and he was already well known then. At the time, he had a wide variety of very competitive cars: Swift DB1, Datsun 510 IT-C sedan, etc. The SCCA guys know who he is.