News

Track Impressions

Discussion in 'Supercar Life' started by SCLife, Feb 17, 2009.

1. SCLife

SCLife Rookie

Feb 10, 2009
    Recently we ran a test event out at LVMS 2.2 mile road course where pro drivers Kelly Collins, Scott Tucker and Ross Thompson hot lapped our fleet to compare dynamic performance. If you have a question about track impressions, dynamics or how the vehicles in our fleet compare against each other post it here and we'll have one of our drivers reply.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    I heard that the Mercedes CLK BS, is supposed to be one of the best track vehicles there is. How does it compare to the F430?

4. SCLife

SCLife Rookie

Feb 10, 2009
    You heard right the AMG Black is a great vehicle for the track, it's true strength may not be pure speed but the drivability in comparison with our F430, the AMG Black will give the driver a little more warning and time to react before developing an understeer/oversteer. This gives the driver confidence to push the vehicle and toss it around a bit. Don't get me wrong, by no means is lazy or slow! just more sedan like than the F430's go-kart type of handling. The brakes, power and exhaust note are tremendous making the AMG Black a favorite for some of our drivers.

I'll try and post a link to the in car video in the near future, with performance data dashboard (MPH, RPM, G-force)

5. ferrari348tb

ferrari348tb Rookie

Sep 23, 2007
    Hotel/Airport Lounge
    Full Name:
    Stephen Noton
    Love to see the video about the AMG, really one of the few cars I know little/nothing about. Is it ture that they are running ceramic disc brakes on your AMG's?

Not that we'll be able to get them hot enough to glow, but it still would be interested to see what difference there really is, if thats even possible in just 3 laps?