Track set up for Speciale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Track set up for Speciale

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by MuratC, Aug 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    How did this work? Any fitment issues with the front tyre width? Pics of that setup?

2. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Hi ,

This week I ll do my second track day with my Speciale .
    I made over 50 track days with my Lotus 211 and made some races too..
    What ‘manetto’ Setting would you use.?
    Tha car is original , no changes ...
    Thanks in advance for your advices.

3. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Sorry for my bad English ...and Italian ;-)
    I wanted to write manettino..
    Just to put in RACE ?
    Or to try SPORT?
    It is a medium length technical track

Thanks in advance

4. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Without knowing your experience and skill level, it is hard to say. But since you have 50 track days and some racing experience, I'd say you should definitely start with manettino on Race. Once you and the car is warmed up, I'd suggest that you move to CT Off as Race mode really kills the rear brake pads. If you are totally confident you might want to even try ESC Off on some parts of the track.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Thanks Murat , i ll do this ;-)

Tam

6. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Hi Murat,

I followed your advice and it was a fantastic day...
    CT off but not the ESC_
    What surprised me is how brutal were the gear changes...my heart was bleeding for the car...is that normal...a real kick ...?
    Also when leaving the track the brakes not were only squealing but I got a kind of WOOOOSH sound...
    Checked my pads and they are ok...
    My braking on the tracks were quite normal...and only during downshifting ...
    Shortly speaking it was a great day with a fantastic car...I am still in my learning period...the Speciale is a different world than my 7 years on Loutus s...

Have a nice day and thanks again.

Tam

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Hi Tam.

I am glad you enjoyed the track day with your Speciale. It is a great car to be on track, isn't it? Just one more very important thing. Don't forget to cool down the car and the brakes properly for at least one lap. Soft braking, short shifting the gears and try to float into corners without much braking. If you plan to push harder on your next track day, you might want to try a special racing brake fluid. I highly recommend Castrol React SRF Racing fluid.

Good luck

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. BlueCorsa

BlueCorsa Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blue Corsa
    I’ve been tracking a 488 and found stock camber settings were only -0.7 degrees in front, which resulting in accelerated tire wear and less than ideal contact patch in turns. Adding shims for half a degree of more camber helped considerably. I wouldn’t suggest tracking with stock settings.