Trackday Good Friday April 9th | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Trackday Good Friday April 9th

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Tifosi1, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Yea- I'm gunna put that 9" Ford rear end in with the 4.56 gears and get my hole shot down before I try the 1/4" mile.

2. JohnSS

JohnSS Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    New Orleans/Auburn
    Full Name:
    John Dyer
    Oh c'mon only 4.56s, and yes I drive a camaro ss, I know it is a tub on wheels. I am hoping to have enough money saved for a 308 GTB in the next 5-40 years. I like my camaro but it is obviously nothing compared to any of the Fcars.

3. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Nothing wrong with the F bodies! At least you're not one of those "Ford People" LOL! I actually started out as a drag/street racer from high school. My poor Nova SS is currently rusting away in the backyard, at least until the new house is built. Then it'll get restored. The Ferrari is for the twisties and the Nova will be for smoking everything else! ;-)

Dave

4. JohnSS

JohnSS Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    New Orleans/Auburn
    Full Name:
    John Dyer
    Yeah I used to go to the strip all the time, unfortunatly my F-boy is cursed with a 7.5" rear which likes to explode! Right now I am really lookiing forward to having a car that can turn, I have the straight stuff down.

5. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    LOL! Yeah those 7.5's love to explode at most inoportune times. I've changed 2 complete rear ends in Ram Airs that had gears and differential poking out of the housing and rear cover, at work! They just don't like those Nitto/BFG drag radials at all. We do get a few guys in who have upgraded to the 9 in. all bets are off then. It was a shame to see the F body go, but the new GTO is one BAAAAD MUTHA!! Just when the Rustang boys were starting to get their self esteem issues worked out! LOL!

Dave

6. JohnSS

JohnSS Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    New Orleans/Auburn
    Full Name:
    John Dyer
    Those new GTO's are sweet, my cuz just test drove one last week, so I am hoping to see one in the family. Dave I think I have some pics of your car in the french quarter classic, if you want to PM me I can email them to you.

7. JohnSS

JohnSS Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    New Orleans/Auburn
    Full Name:
    John Dyer
    But back to my original question, is there a trip to no problem in the works for the summer?

8. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    If there is, info will surely be posted here...so keep your eyes peeled!