Trade 458 Spider for FF? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Trade 458 Spider for FF?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by cavsct94, Nov 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I did not. The dated interior and the PTU failures pushed me towards Lusso.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are a 458 man anyways:)
    PTU is also a problem on Lusso’s by the way.
    Before buying the ff I tested the lusso and I liked the ffmuch more, lusso was too smoothe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Yes, but at least Lusso was nearly new and fully covered in case PTU went. I had thought I would keep LT so I went safer with Lusso. Agree, too soft!

4. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Explain dated interior..

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I mean, look at it relative to Lusso , Roma, 812 etc. Tech, design....dated.
    I love my CS from 2004, and that is certainly dated also!

6. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    So my IPhone 11pro is dated according to your view

7. Natkingcolebasket69

To be fair Ferrari is overall behind since the 2010 458. I’d not buy a lambo or McLaren but they certainly have a newer interior.
    The f8 isn’t amazing tech wise compared to
    A 720s.
    The Roma is cool but quite frankly I just like older cars better with real gauges and stuff.

8. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    So we now Judge a ferrari to be outdated because it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Call me old fashioned..

9. Natkingcolebasket69

No, no, no- I’m like u I’m a Testarossa and 355 guy with a FF:)
    I was just saying ferraris interior since the 458 hasn’t changed much and is a bit behind :)

10. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    So the zippo, the coke bottle, the 911, rolex Daytona, Have all been left behind..

11. Natkingcolebasket69

U do have CarPlay on yours it seems so u are good;)

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I wouldn’t waste time on this one!

13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    actually it is.

14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I have both 458 and FF currently. Why must you have a Ferrari to fit the criteria? 458 is in hot demand right now, but FF is not. Trading 458 for FF may not make much sense to me comparing to keeping 458 and buy any other awesome suv for the mean time. When your finance becomes better, you can easily add a FF for the price of used bmw 750. Know what I mean?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nah. They are outdated because they use 20 year old brake technology:D

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I don't think you can say that for sure.

The V12 is a dying breed, and here in Europe at least, the interest is on the rise. Cars like tha FF and Lusso are the last of their kind, and that could very well mean that they will start to rise at some point. The Lusso and FF will be the cars that offer you a family ride like no other and there will be nothing to replace them.

I doubt very much that they will keep dropping, especially to the level of a BMW.

I think this is a really good time to switch.

The 458 is doing well and the FF is probably reaching its plateau. I doubt Speciale pricing will do much - drop a bit more perhaps. So the OP should be able to pick one up in 2-3 years for around the same as now, if not lower.

My fear simply is that if you decide to wait, the FF has gotten more expensive and the 458 has dropped.

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I see your point. I was referring to US market. I wonder once the Ferrari suv comes out, how the price of FF will hold.

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I was actually talking about the US market. My point regarding the Euro.situation was simply that I think the same will happen over there.

I doubt very much that the FUV will have any impact. Totally different demographics. One is a thoroughbred sports GT with a V12, the other is just another Beverly Hills Hausfrau appliance to go shopping in. If you are interested in the Lusso or FF three years from now, the last thing on your mind will be the FUV abomination.

19. sandstrs

sandstrs Rookie

Mar 4, 2016
    My 2 cents ... for me, I enjoy the "raw" feeling of the FF better than the Lusso. I have other cars and do not daily drive the FF, but longest trip was 2100 miles ... came back thinking it is the best GT (for me) for long trips. It does all of the things that other cars do ... large trunk space, with great V12 and rather understated in looks for a Ferrari. I am not a fan of all the nannies of new cars (but have them in all of my cars) ... neighbor has the 812 and I prefer the F12. If you are looking for a Ferrari for daily duty and utility, I would not hesitate. I am huge fan of the combined attributes of the car. Hope this helps. Subjective decision, so to each their own.

The guys at my local dealership also prefer driving the FF over the Lusso.

20. Infant

Infant Karting

Dec 23, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    René
    I used to own a 458, recently purchased (delivery in +/- 2 weeks) an FF. I love the versatility. Although the 458 may be considered more pure by some, mostly because it's not a GT, I actually prefer the FF because in my opinion it does give you that special F feeling without any (or well, most) of the downsides.

I drove the 458 on ~30 out of 365 days a year, basically needing an excuse to drive it. When the weather was (really) nice, I'd drive it and would need to find a "purpose" for said drive. A lot of times this would go something like "Hey, the weather is nice, let's drive the 458 around a bit and get some ice cream!". Although I won't use my FF daily, I really look forward to be able to use it more frequently than the 458 and not needing an excuse or purpose to do so; if I need to go to a client, I can take the FF - regardless of the weather. If I want to go shopping, I can take the FF. For some, that makes the car less special - for me, it makes it perfect as now I have an F-car that I can actually use all the time.

Don't get me wrong: I loved my 458. But the versatility of the FF is what makes it the perfect (somewhat) modern F-car for me, in my situation.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Makes sense but unless u live in a snowy place why can on not drive the 458 daily either? I mean here in California or Florida where I reside quite frankly so long as I just need basic groceries I can take both.
    With lockdown I been driving the FF daily for short distances since there isn’t much else to do. It performs well and I’m never scared to take it to any mall etc. That’s to me the biggest plus.
    I don’t find it super pretty but it looks better than it photographs in person

sandstrs likes this.
  22. Infant

Infant Karting

Dec 23, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    René
    I'd happily drive the 458 (almost) daily in California. The thing is: I don't live there at the moment - but I live in The Netherlands. Rain is very common. As are cold (<10 degrees Celsius) days. Summer is fine, but fall/autumn and winter are not ideal for driving a 458 here. So like I said, for me, in my situation, the FF is the preferable car if I'd have to choose between the two.

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    FF is a way better daily driver especially if you dont live in sun drenched weather. i have had 2 458s and one FF and when ive always went for the FF keys more. i still have the FF and no 458 currently.

24. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’ve decided to keep the 458, add some carbon and an exhaust, and buy an FF or Scaglietti next year. We have a Merc SUV that I’ll just learn to love. Sincere thanks for everyone’s input. It really was helpful.

25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    458 + 612 oto over ff for sure