Trailering a 355 with Trailex 7541? | FerrariChat

Trailering a 355 with Trailex 7541?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Sancho22, Nov 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Hi all
    I did a fair amount of search but could not find any posts except a discussion about Uhaul trailers.

I am picking up a car and would like to drive it home but it will be likely cold and it is a fair distance.

I have a trailer I can use which is a 7541 the classic 911 Trailex open trailer.
    I am able to fit a 71.5" wide car on it (an inch or so on both sides is left) and it has an effective 75" width but it would be literally - i think - an exact fit with no room to spare. Not sure if it is going to work.

Anyone used/tried to use this particular trailer to haul a 355?
    Thanks and sorry if this was addressed - I was unable to find it.
    L

2. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Based on the specs and pictures, you should be fine.
    The 355 had a long overhang on the nose, you may need ramps so you won't scape.
    Also, be careful when opening the door, its possible to hit the wheel fairings

3. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    thanks - my biggest fear is that given the dimensions I could scrape the wheels on the raised edge of the trailer where the bed ends...
    The ramps and the additional Race Ramps I have would do the trick as they did for my even lower race cars.

4. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Hi, I haul my 348 to Florida each Fall, return each Spring with a small aluminum double axle. The trailer was originally built to haul the PO 1920-something antique Dodge. It does have an aluminum front shield, and is about 1 inch spacing to front bumper! The trailer wheel fenders, while low, do not accommodate 348 door opening. Basically saying one must climb in/out aka stock car!!! I installed a cheap (10amp)remote to the drivers window motor to facilitate entry/exit. They can be had for about $40.Can at Princess Auto. So, basically drive up ramps, park, hop out, fit targa roof, and remotely wind up driver's window.... done. Here's a photo...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Cool - thanks!

6. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I have a Trailex CT-8045 and have towed many cars with it including my 348tb. It does have the extra long ramps, but even still you do need ramp extenders or some 2 foot long 1x10" boards to keep the lip of the front from scraping as you drive up. As for getting in and out the Trailex trailers have low fenders and you can easily open the doors of the 348 without worry. Here's a picture from their website of a 355 on one that is configured like mine with the front shield and spare tire.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Yeah the 8045 would be perfect unfortunately my buddy has the narrow one 7541
    However another friend may be able to bring his enclosed which can fit wider cars
    Thanks all!