Travel to Holland, would like some pointer | FerrariChat

Travel to Holland, would like some pointer

Discussion in 'Holland/Belgium' started by Andrie, Jan 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    Hi, I’m from the USA. I’m planning to ship my car (F430) to UK in mid April and then travel all over Western Europe. I want to visit Holland around end of April and would like to do some track days. Ideally in Zandvoort but open to other circuits. Is there a website I can find info on how to do track days, the schedule and cost?

same for Spa Francorchamps

Thanks in advance.

2. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    When you contact https://www.driving-fun.com/ you can join there driving club on Zandvoort.
    You only have to pay a entrance fee to join as membership (€100,-/season?) and the rate of free driving date/times.

Did drive myself with the F430 in this club (not many Ferrari’s) but they are decent drivers, not crazy people.
    Note: zandvoort is a technical track, some practice before on simulation is recommended

3. cdriel

cdriel Karting

May 30, 2016
    Nice trip, enjoy!
    Be aware of the fact that Zantvoort has a new track layout with quite some banking in a few corners. The F430 is the only F that doesn't handle bankings very well with driver aids on. I'm not even sure if it handles well with all driver aids off.
    If you drive those bankings, you risk the car ending up in emergency run (don't know the exact translation for "noodloop")

4. cdriel

cdriel Karting

May 30, 2016
    As an alternative, you can do a trackday @ Assen. Flat track, tight and some fast corners.

5. Scuderia Niels

Scuderia Niels Karting

Dec 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Niels
    Great idea!
    Just bring Some extra cash for petrol, very expensive here in Holland…
    And as an extra, do visit Bilsterberg and nurburgring (both in Germany) as well.
    Both can be driven with the help of Driving Fun and or GP Elite. They can arrange tickets etc. for all the tracks (Zandvoort, Assen, Spa, bilsterberg and nurburgring).

6. Scuderia Niels

Scuderia Niels Karting

Dec 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Niels
    Third option, you can book track days with Ron Simons (RSR Ron Simons Racing) as well, overview with dates and tracks at www.rsrbooking.com.
    As most track days are exclusive programs, they have to plan and book these circuits in advance and the three of them will have a nice spread of data available.

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    How did you get insurance for driving in Europe ?

RMA are at Spa April 29/30

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Oh and why haven't you also asked this in UK since you are there & you need to drive across Spain to get to Portugal !

9. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Assen is my favorite track in the Netherlands. It has 'flow' is fast and so good to drive, especially with mid engine car with good balance. Also good facilities. It is the MotoGP track.

10. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    This is well recommended! Ron is a veteran in taking people from abroad out on some of the best racing tracks in Europe; e.g. the Green Hell/Nordschleiffe and Spa, has a large fleet of cars, or you can take your own. Would definitely recommend that as you can also benefit from instruction.

GP Elite is quite high level in general, very few cars on track and expensive (3x cost of a normal Trackday)
    Driving-Fun organizes the most trackways of any organizer in the Netherlands, and as such can attract Kamikaze pilots in hot hatches ;-) But great option for the track time you are looking for.

Alternatives are Harc vrij rijden events which happen 5 times a year...organised by the Historic Automobile Rensport Club:
    https://www.harc.nl/track-days

11. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    Ah, I forgot about Assen. Definitely would like to drive there as well.

12. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    do you have link for GP Elite?

13. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    GEICO offers this.

14. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    I have friends in UK and because it’s english speaking language doing Google search is a lot easier. But I will ask there too, the locals will know more than I can find on Google I guess

I have a few track friends in Spain that can help me with Spain.

15. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    Thank you for the pointer. I’ve raced at Nurburgring a few times in VLN series before Covid times. I’m planning to squeeze one VLN race on April 23 at Nurburgring with Adrenaline Racing.

16. Scuderia Niels

Scuderia Niels Karting

Dec 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Niels
    You can find more info on www.gp-elite.com. Then click on “trainingen”.
    You can call (“contact”) them as well, they all speak english and can help you out with questions. They are very friendly, even if you don’t book with them, they Will help you with other questions and tracks.
    Assen is good fun as well, and a bit more run off area, so more safe than Zandvoort and Nurburgring…..

17. Scuderia Niels

Scuderia Niels Karting

Dec 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Niels
    ah, sorry, you already know what to do on a challenging track…..

18. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    Thanks for all the pointer/info. If anyone can tell me, what is the usual format on track days?? Here in USA it is divided by skill level. However, that's not the case on Nordschleife Touristenfahrten. It is sort of free for all and passing only allowed on the left.

I prefer to find track days that has sessions grouped by skill level as it is better to keep the rhythm.

19. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    I've also never been to Holland, and can use recommendation where to stay. I think I would like to spend a week there. A short term airbnb or apartment rental with parking is what I'm looking for.

20. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Are exact dates available when you are in NL ?

21. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    #22 Andrie, Feb 2, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    Not yet. But the plan, which not yet set in stone is either April 12-16 or July 20-30. It comes down to stopping on my way down, or on my way up.

22. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel

First timeframe is Easter everywere ... in the weekend of 23-24 maybe visiting Hockenheim racetrack can be very interesting; some Ferrari event may take place there.

23. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Stay away from Zandvoort!!! The noise restrictions will not allow your F430 to push more than 2500rpm!! Go to Assen.
    https://www.ttcircuit.com/en/

24. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Agree fully with that ... only one track in NL: Assen -> :)