Tri State Area Parking Garage? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tri State Area Parking Garage?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by RMmodena, Oct 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    plenty of small warehouses for sale on the westside.
    if they got the cars and the $$$, they should build themselves their own garage as someone suggested earlier. not only would it be a great investment (because im sure if u decided to sell the small private garage, someone else with mad cars would buy it), but it would provide IMMENSE convience for the owners. get in and get out whenever u want.

2. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    my second passion, besides ferrari, is ny real estate...
    i agree with hubert, the westside manhattan commercial buildings are solid investments. especially with the planned stadium/park/etc... in the short term future you will see big upside. the problem is that the most of the buildings are too small for big investment profits, and they are way overpriced right now and will be worse later. rmmodenas friend should look at long island city.... transportation to and from the city is excellent (59th st bridge/no tolls, and 1 subway stop from the city), lots are cheap, zoning is easy to convert etc..
    sidenote... i acquired one last year off of crescent street, i already made back the money from the increase in real estate value and off my commerical rental tenant.

3. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    Does anybody know of any parking garages in NJ? (within 20-30 minutes from manhattan)

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Isn't the entire state of NJ basically a parking lot?

5. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    nice what cars does he own? sounds like a hell of a collection! where does he keep them now? my garage is free :) why would he want to store the cars by NYC why not just store them by his house?

6. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    His three car garage is full so he needs to find storage for the rest of his massive collection which includes a phantom, 575m, bentley azure, 3 benz's, carrera GT and 5 or 6 more cars. He couldnt find storage in the area so he asked me if knew of anything.

7. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Wow, how did he end up buying so many cars with so little garage space. An indiscreet weekend shopping? ;)

8. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Damn! How come he never comes and runs with us?

9. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    He stored them at his parents house, but they are moving and he can no longer keep his cars over there.

10. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    I have told him about f chat a million times.

11. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
  12. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Park it in an inclosed garage and take to the guy so you can take your keys and you should be fine.

13. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    I think thats what im going to do. Thanks :)

14. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Also, if he's going to be keeping 7+ cars in a single non-private garage, he'd better have a very large supplemental garage liability policy in place....most garages have a limit to their own liability of like $20k, and most insurance companies (assuming he's insured under a single carrier) have a cap of how much they'll cover for a "catastrophic loss" (i.e. garage collapses/burns down and all cars are destroyed).

You certainly wouldn't want to bear the risk of losing all of your cars in one shot (and from the pics you posted, that's almost $1M in cars).

Unfortunately, these supplemental policies are VERY expensive (many $thousands per year, and get even more expensive if you're dealing with exotic cars, and EVEN more expensive if they're being garaged in a place like NY or NJ). But hey, he can probably afford it.

nlh

15. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Good point. ...and if he's got garage ettendents who don't know how to drive, he'll need new clutches every 5 minutes. Or worse. :)

16. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    Thanks so much for all the advice. I will share all of this information with him and let him decide what he wants to do. Thanks again, i really appreciate it.

17. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    we're here to help :)

18. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Yeah no kidding...new clutches or worse (*ahem* pchop).

RMmodena's friend is lucky that these are privately-owned and operated cars, because at least he'll have a shot at getting a decent Supplemental Garage Liability policy (isn't insurance great? you have to beg to give a big company many many thousands of dollars a year...) If they were commercial or comercially-used vehicles (like my cars, for example), he couldn't even get the policy written. Then you're entering a whole new mess of liability and excess policies and testing your stomach for risk and OY (welcome to my life). But I won't even get started on that...:)

Get this guy to come on some runs with us and bring the Phantom as a chase-car!

nlh

19. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Quick question:

Aside from your crushing insurance issues, have the F1/egear cars been a benefit in the cost savings department? I mean, I would think that renting manual transmissions on hi performance cars would add another devastating cost to the already razor thin margins you must be seeing.

20. SPT CLS

SPT CLS Rookie

May 20, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hi guys,

If you are still looking for a storage facility, we have some space availabe in our facility. We are located in Fort Greene, just 5 min. from downtown Manhattan. Our company has been dealing with exotic and classic cars for some 20 years now, and just recently have opened a new storage facility. Our site is up (not completely done, but almost there..), www.sportsclassicsnyc.com.

My contact information is there, just drop me a line and we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Andrew Hadjiminas, Director
    Sports & Classics of NY

21. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    this thread is two years old, thanks for the spam

22. SPT CLS

SPT CLS Rookie

May 20, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Apologies for that, didn't notice the tread date.

Andrew