Trip to Italy 2016 - pictures | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Trip to Italy 2016 - pictures

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Martin D, May 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AKINSB

AKINSB Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Alex K
    Martin

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your experience and photos.

Best

AK

2. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    #131 Martin D, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I have posted this before a while ago .The law in Italy is that in order to own any car in Italy you must own livable property. I had a 328 GTB for four years in Italy.Driving a Ferrari in Italy is not to be missed if the opportunity ever comes. I have a son in law who lives outside of NYC who has an Italian cousin living in Rome.This man agreed to help me find a Ferrari and agreed to own and register and insure it in his name. All I had to do was pay for the car and the insurance.He had extra storage space to keep the car when I was not using it. He of course could have driven the car any time I wasn't there but at well over 6 feet tall, could not fit behind the wheel and had no interest in the car. The odometer reading never changed while I wasn't there but, what the heck, there are reasonable risks to almost everything.All I did was drive the Ferrari with a letter signed by the "owner" in Italian stating I was borrowing his car.I know this all sounds beyond the possible but but I can testify that it can be done.If the possibility comes up, give me a shout.There is lots more I can tell someone. tonga's crew