Trip to Kooks in Nascar country | FerrariChat

Trip to Kooks in Nascar country

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Gh21631, Nov 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    We made a trip down to NC to provide some content and help support the good work Kooks is doing. In the convoy was two 720s, a 570s Spider and two modified C63's. There was a purple 720 already there that was tuned as is the green one. DME did the green one and I dont recall which tuner did the purple one but I was told that one seemed to be the fastest. Both of the tuned cars are running catless, mine has sport cats. The catless will shoot flames. I will post videos as they become available. IMO the catted sounds just right and suits the car but if you want something more aggressive then catless and a tune is the ticket.

There are a couple short but decent videos here where you get a sample of the sound.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqOSMD2Avck/

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sounds great and love the color.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thank you. The consensus is that the catted sounds better, more F1 like although not as loud. I drove a total of 10 hours or so and no drone and not too loud in the cabin but when you hit it the sound is glorious.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Something I thought was cool was the overwhelming positive experience by everyone at these remote areas we stopped at. People were awesome and wanted to take pics of the cars and ask questions. They probably never seen anything like these cars in person. On my way back we stopped for gas and two troopers came out of the store to check it out and asked me if I have opened it up and then offered some suggestions as to when and where. :)

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Part 1 of his video. There are a couple shots of us testing his car vs. mine. I can tell you his should be faster with the tune however I didnt notice much of a difference. He doesn't know this but I was letting off every time he caught up + I had another 230lb guy in my car + his luggage. I think the exhaust and down pipes helped me out. His tune was optimized for the straight pipes so I imagine he picked up power after the install.

If you dont want to watch the silly stuff in the beginning you can skip through to about 12 minutes.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  7. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    The most wholesome aspect of owning a supercar. Love it

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Those troopers couldn't have been in VA!

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No chance. North Carolina