Trouble locking up 328 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Trouble locking up 328

Discussion in '308/328' started by MJT328GTS, Apr 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JFerrari328

JFerrari328 Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    MA
    Hello,
    I just had the same locking problem. I panicked and thought I had an electrical ghost. I searched this beloved site and found the answer. I opened my door closed the latch with a screw driver (simulating it was shut) confirmed it was latched by hand and bingo door locks. Lubricated the latches all good. I like the idea of not locking it now, to avoid a broken glass break in. I might get the shift gate lock.

Thanks guys

Jay

2. NW328GTS

NW328GTS Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Hal
    there is no requirement to lock your car. Locally here, we cant leave the keys in the ignition but nothing says I have to lock my car. I dont drive my car in the rain... so I never have the roof on my GTS. I dont think I have installed it for at least 3-4 years. If there is no roof on the car, there is no real reason to lock it.

Just for the next guy that has a locking issue... if you cant get the key to turn in the lock... its usually the OTHER door causing issues. If the switch in the passenger door isnt being made...it will hold the lock rod on the drivers door open and vice versa. The switches and solenoids for the locking system are in the door latches.

3. FrannyB

FrannyB Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    Arvada, CO
    I had a bunch of problems with my '85 Euro... The auto lock didn't work on the Pass door and that turned out to be a completely melted servo actuator. They are cheap and pretty easy to replace, but then the driver's door wouldn't shut... It wasn't an adjustment issue... The door lock mechanism is lubricated with that same special grease the window regulator is greased with - the stuff that turns to varnish... The solution is to pull the door panel and clean it on the car with a solvent (just be careful of where it goes and the paint) and then re-grease with new grease. I did that for both doors and all is better and I've not had a problem in the last year. The door latches work really well when lubricated properly - very soft to the touch. WD-40 would be a temporary fix if you are out the door and need it fixed in a sec... It isn't a lubricate and the problem will most likely return (mine did). Thorough cleaning and greasing is the best bet.

Franny