Trunk Lid Upholstery Daytona | FerrariChat

Trunk Lid Upholstery Daytona

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jfrazar, May 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jfrazar

jfrazar Karting
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Jun 26, 2004
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Frazar
    What is the proper material for the underside of the trunk lid on 1973 Daytona - How is it attached ect. What I have on my neighbors car are two pre-cut plastic panels covered with headliner material and held up with velcro strips - NOT CORRECT - I have made multiple attempts to contact Re-Originals and 1 email was replied to that they have it and now no response to emails trying to buy it - no one answers the phone ect. I have been told the correct material is just black velour. Who else sells it. I really want to get the correct material for obvious reasons.

Thanks for you help

Joe Frazar
    Savannah, GA

2. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I am not good at identifying anything but I can take some photos if you want

3. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You can call Rocks auto in Toronto - he would have something like this.

Www.rocksauto.ca

4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    OEM trunk liner is woven, cotton- or tweed-like fabric, but AFAIK, none of the currently/recently available replacements appear exactly correct. Some are closer than others and while velour appears to be used often, it’s far from correct.

I would also advise staying clear from most of the multi-brand online/website vendors, as many of them seem to have very little or no knowledge whatsoever regarding items they’re selling and only go by what their suppliers tell them.

5. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro