News

TRX Wheel

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by markrolf, Jan 26, 2004.

1. markrolf

markrolf Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Kettering, UK
    Does anyone know the best place to get hold of a 308 wheel - new or used, it's for the spare!

It's going on my euro 308GTBi, so needs to be a metric TRX wheel.

Thanks,

Mark

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    apart from Ferrari uk, try europarts, douglas valley or superfomance, or keep looking on ebay you may get lucky

4. markrolf

markrolf Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Kettering, UK
    Thanks Andrew will do !

5. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    Hi Mark,

We have plenty of New OE TRX wheels for the 308
    #117000 - TRX Wheel 165 TR 390 FH-PR - £199.05 + VAT

This can ordered securely online at www.owners.ferrari.com or you can contact me directly.

Best
    Mark

Simon99 likes this.
  6. norm

norm Karting

May 30, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Try T.rutlands in Atlanta for used.

BigTex likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Simon99

Simon99 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 4, 2021
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I need a set of TRX wheels for the 308 QV I just bought to take it back to the original spec. If you still know where I might find some, I'm all ears.

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Post is very very old - they still stock them new but at about £ 500 each ! https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/part/search?SearchText=117000

And then its about four hundred quid a tyre from Longstone

You've been told this before but 16 in was an option on that car and a far cheaper solution (using the replica wheels)

10. Simon99

Simon99 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 4, 2021
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I am struggling with a choice.

With the BBS wheels shown that a previous owner has installed, it was immediately obvious to me before buying that car that I was going to go back to the original 5 spoke design.

I have 3 options:

- The original TRX wheels and tyres. The most expensive option. And the hardest to get. TRX wheels are rare. But being aluminum, old imperfect ones can be repaired. At a cost. And the tyres are 5x the 16" option. An upside is matching the original TRX spare and the (unlikely) flat rear tyre will fit in the spare location.

- Original Ferrari 16" rims. Also expensive and rare. Being magnesium, they cannot be repaired. I would be lucky to find a set. If perfect, probably more than TRX's. But tyres are cheap. Downside? Not the original equipment matching the spare and a rear flat (Unlikely) won't fit easily in the space location. The passenger has to walk home! ;-)

- Aftermarket 16" lookalike Ferrari rims. Inexpensive. Gives you the original look. Doesn't match the original TRX spare. Practical and inexpensive, but not original. Don't turn up to a show and shine.

I am just starting with the first option. Original. As it rolled off the factory floor. As I find out what the availability is like, I might go for one of the other options.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Simon99

Simon99 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 4, 2021
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I found someone who may have refinished TRX wheels for around half what you mentioned. I am looking into it. Will keep the thread updated.

I still don't even have the car yet...

12. To remove this ad click here.