trying to ID a vintage Ferrari | FerrariChat

trying to ID a vintage Ferrari

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by teegeefla, Jan 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    Image Unavailable, Please Login My nephew's girlfriend sent me this photo (date unknown) of her father Jack Wolfe in a Ferrari and I am trying to help her learn more about the specifics of the car. From my totally amateur sleuthing the roofline and rear window shape looks like an early 250 variant (Europa?/Boano?/TdF?/Ellena? etc). The 6.00x16 tires also match those cars. Other clues that I see include: the steering wheel is the 3-spoke style with the slots, there is no tach, only the speedometer, the doors are pretty spartan so maybe its a competition version.
    I am constantly amazed how this community can identify a car and even a chassis number from so little information. Any help from the experts would be welcome.

2. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    hmmm ... definitely dials from a tdf but there are no louvres, I think it might be a 1956 Tdf

readplays likes this.
  3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
  4. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    I am curious if the photo in my first post could be TdF chassis #0563? It was brought over from Europe by Bruce Kessler in 1959, so that could explain how Mr. Wolfe, who lived in California could have crossed paths with the car. Do any experts have any advice how the car looked in period, as well as #0557, to narrow things down.