TT Gallardo looking for F430.... must have superchargers!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

TT Gallardo looking for F430.... must have superchargers!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mr. Vroom, Nov 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Holy crap. People must line up with you thinking, "This guy has no chance!"

Little do they know...

2. CAPRISTO EGOISTE

Oct 25, 2007
    Istanbul
    Full Name:
    CAPRISTO EGOISTE
  3. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    wicked awesome!!! the 10.79 run, was that with RWD only? or was that before you switched?

4. Mr. Vroom

Mr. Vroom Karting

Mar 7, 2007
    Florida
    Thanks, it was RWD. I took it to the track a few months ago(in the middle of a hot FL summer) in AWD and ran a [email protected]. Ironically, I think it launches better in RWD mode, due to a lack of wheel hop.

5. S7Man

S7Man Rookie

Jan 6, 2006
    Congrats, you should sometime try the 0 to 200MPH to 0 sometime and see how she will do.

6. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Bernard you are just
    trying to embarras the Novitech boys.

I think their 700 is flywheel HP not rwhp!

Don't think you will get anytakers.......by the way Bernard forgot to mention

Heffners latest Twin turbo package is 850 rwhp!!!!

Did you have an ENZO in the Car & driver shootout?

7. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    He already has article...... will be in FEB Car& Driver...my understanding his car DESTROYED
    the competiton..right Bernard?

8. Mr. Vroom

Mr. Vroom Karting

Mar 7, 2007
    Florida
    No, not really, be fun to roll with a novitec, which is an awesome machine imo..... also, wanted to show the ferrari people a fine example of a "dark side" tuned exotic. Many exotic owners are against modding, but if you find the right company, like novitec for example, or Heffners Performance, the finished product can be outstanding!

9. Mr. Vroom

Mr. Vroom Karting

Mar 7, 2007
    Florida
    Hehe.... Do I know you?

10. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    I love the video! Makes me want to up the power on my 430 spider.

11. Mr. Vroom

Mr. Vroom Karting

Mar 7, 2007
    Florida
    #36 Mr. Vroom, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks! Go for it, once you get a taste, you will not go back! Novitec is a good option, but expensive! Imo opinion TT's are the way to go at around 55 to 60k total cost. The trick is to find a good tuner...and avoid the stand alone kit people. My car had its engine torn down, new steel sleeve liners added, forged pistons, lowered compression ratio, strenghtened internals, AEM fuel management and a one year warranty!

I would love to meet a few modded Ferraris on the road.....right now, I don't have any competition to play with! btw, the worlds first Gallardo Twin Turbo Spyder is in the process of being converted at Heffners, be finished in a month or so. Here is a pic, plus a vid of my world record quarter mile pass, [email protected]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L69iUrCtI7Q

Enjoy!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. leang86

leang86 F1 Rookie

Jun 12, 2005
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Leang
    Any idea if a Gallardo with E gear system can support the additional power?

13. exotic_kingz

exotic_kingz Rookie

Oct 31, 2007

most likey,but i wouldnt want to be paying for clutch after clutch with that much power being pushed thru a "computer" by lambo (isnt as pefect as Ferrari f1 system imo)

surprising you didnt say anything about the 4 wheel burnout with the blowers bolt up and pinning the gas (when u did have 4wd)

sweet color!,something very one of a kind

do u know if the 2wheel conversion saves the clutch more?...if it was stock power?..

14. Mr. Vroom

Mr. Vroom Karting

Mar 7, 2007
    Florida
    The first TT Gallardo built was an egear, so no problems. Both shifters can handle it. The tuner swaps out the stock egear clutch with the sintered clutch used on the 6 speed. My car has 9k miles on it(3.5k of that in TT mode) with the stock factory clutch! I have done at least 50 power launches, clutch still grabs like new! Incredible drive train on a Gallardo...... German ownership is not such a bad thing!

15. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Bernard people just find it hard to imagine.... 50- 5000 rpm clutch dumps on
    a FACTORY Lamborghini clutch and NO problems...with results like these the people
    who are afraid to modify the Gallardos have NO excuses.....I can't wait to star abusing the TT Spider!!!!

16. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Very impressive Gentlemen.

17. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Bernard get ready for a Miami or Key west run next month in that Spider.....

18. leang86

leang86 F1 Rookie

Jun 12, 2005
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Leang

With the sintered clutch used in the egear system, is there any improvement with the gear engagement especially moving off from a stop?

19. Mr. Vroom

Mr. Vroom Karting

Mar 7, 2007
    Florida
    I doubt it, but G-force would be able to answer that better. I am not a fan of egear/f1 .....and also the SMG on my M5....those lurching starts are irritating. Unlike the M5 or f430 the egear Gallardo has a LC system, but from what I have heard, a computer controlled power launch is very tough on the clutch.

20. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Very tough on the clutch..NO WAY you could do 50 performance launches without total failure.Plus the normal egear clutch is not sintered as the manual ones are.